Friday, September 13, 2019

Cruising Critters & Elegant Leaves Cards with Rachel and Lexa

Hello everyone! It's Rachel here and I have a fun, Interactive Slimline Card to share with you today! I'm featuring the new and adorable Cruising Critters Stamp Set but I combined it with both the City Streets and Happy Home stamp sets to help set the scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Happy Home City Streets Interactive Card by Rachel Alvarado

My card measures at 8.5" x 3.5" and fits perfectly into a #9 envelope. I stamped all of my images with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and used Copic Sketch Markers to color everything. I then cut everything out and set it aside to create my background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Happy Home City Streets Interactive Card by Rachel Alvarado

To create my fall sky, I blended some Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered this lightly with some water and then blotted it dry with a paper towel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Happy Home City Streets Interactive Card by Rachel Alvarado

To add some more interest, I then splattered it with diluted Opaque White Ink, and also watered down brown, orange, and yellow Watercolor Inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Happy Home City Streets Interactive Card by Rachel Alvarado

I then created my slider mechanism by following THIS amazing tutorial by Karolyn Loncon. Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment and road strips onto a strip of black card stock to finish off my design.

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for dropping by!

-----------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Lexa here today with a thank you card using Elegant Leaves Stamps. It's perfect for a fall theme projects or you can also use it all year around. It has both outlines and solid styles of various leaves shape, that's why it's so versatile.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Elegant Leaves Grateful For You Card by Lexa Levana

First of all, I decided the color scheme for my card which is yellow, blue and brown. And thinking that gold embossed leaves will look so gorgeous with the color combination. I stamp the leaves around the outer part of my card base. I create layers by overlapping the stamping. Gold embossed leaves resist the dye inks. It's so easy and fun to random stamping all the leaves around. It turns out gorgeous as well. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Elegant Leaves Grateful For You Card by Lexa Levana

For the center, I use a cork sheet and layer it with a piece of cardstock that has been stamped with sentiment. I also use a natural color twine in between to add texture and horizontal element to balance this card's composition. Then I blend Peacock Feather Distress Inks on four sides, it gives some depth to this rustic card.

That's all for today, I hope you like my card as much as I do. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

City Streets Dies
City Streets Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
City Streets Stamps
City Streets Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Home Dies
Happy Home Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Home Stamps
Happy Home Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Stamps
Cruising Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Dies
Cruising Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Elegant Leaves Stamps
Elegant Leaves Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment