Monday, September 9, 2019

Comic Strip Speech Bubble Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hello everyone, Leanne here! I have a fun holiday card to share today. I love a good grid design and the Comic Strip Speech Bubble die makes it so easy. The hardest part was deciding what color to use for the comic strip frame. I tried a few different solid colored card stocks, but eventually chose a colorful polka dot print from the Holiday Cheer 6x6 paper pad. I think the polka dot print adds just the right amount whimsy to the card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Dies Mug Hugs Winter Themed Card by Leanne West

I created an ink blended aqua background using a combo of Tumbled Glass and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks.  I generously splattered the background panel with thinned white paint. I then adhered the Comic Strip frame overtop and stamped the greetings in the two small square areas of the frame. The stamped greetings are from the Mug Hugs set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Dies Mug Hugs Winter Themed Card by Leanne West

I Copic colored the images from Mug Hugs and cut them out with the coordinating Mug Hug dies. I adhered them with dimensional foam squares. For a bit of sparkle and pizzazz, I added some glittery die cut snowflakes and a few clear sequins. I adhered this festive panel to an A2 size card base and my first holiday card of the season was complete!

--------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I’m using the Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies along with the Super Duper Stamp Set to create an superhero themed card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Dies Super Duper Super Hero Themed Card by Eloise Blue

I started off with stamping out my images onto some white cardstock. On one sheet I stamped one of the superheroes and the bursts randomly. And then on the other sheet, I stamped out the rest of the superheroes and accessories more carefully so they would fit underneath the Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies. For the ‘randomly’ stamped sheet, I used bright colours for each of them and the other background piece I used all greys.

(Copic Markers Used: W00, W0, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9 / R14, R24, R27, R89 / Y11, Y13, Y15, Y19 / E41, E42, E43, E44 / E000, E00, E02, E21 / B91, B93, B95, B97)

Once all the pieces were coloured in, I die cut the colourful images out. Then instead of die cutting out the grey coloured pieces, I cut masks for those instead.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Dies Super Duper Super Hero Themed Card by Eloise Blue

I then adhered the masks over the top of the grey coloured images and ink blended some Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke Distress Inks over the entire background. Lighter in the middle and darker on the outside. I flicked on some water and dried it off with a heat tool. I removed the masks to reveal the greyscale background.

I die cut out the Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies from white cardstock and adhered it over the top. I then added foam tape onto the coloured images and adhered them into place too.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Dies Super Duper Super Hero Themed Card by Eloise Blue

Lastly, I cut a red speech bubble out and white heat embossed ‘You’re Incredible’ onto it. I then added foam tape and adhered it onto my card. I then finished up with adhering the Primary Star Confetti into place around the card as well.

Thanks for stopping by today and I’ll see you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Mug Hugs Dies
Mug Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mug Hugs Stamps
Mug Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Basic Shape Dies II
Mini Basic Shape Dies II
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Super Duper Stamps
Super Duper Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Super Duper Dies
Super Duper Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: