Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Sunflower Fields Cards with Juliana and Angelica

Hello friends! It's Juliana here today to share a card using the gorgeous Sunflower Fields Stamp Set. I've combined it with the Frilly Frames Hexagon and a fall color palette that captures the thankfulness we all begin to feel during the fall season.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sunflower Fields Frilly Frames Vintage Jar Thank You Cards by Juliana Michaels

To begin, I created the background behind the flowers using the Frilly Frames Hexagon. I used Therm O Web Purple Tape to hold the scalloped mat and hexagon background together and then cut it out from a piece of patterned paper in the Colorful Autumn Paper Pad. I then layered this onto a piece of brown patterned paper from the Amazing Argyle Paper Pad.

Next, I stamped the sunflower and leaves from the Sunflower Fields Stamp using Scrapbook.com's Premium Hybrid Inks in the following colors: Petals - Lantern Light, Rubber Ducky, Honeycomb and Autumn Leaves. Flower Center – Gingerbread, Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate. Leaves – Pear, Guacamole, Succulent and Olive. I then die cut them using the Sunflower Fields Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sunflower Fields Frilly Frames Vintage Jar Thank You Cards by Juliana Michaels

I used the Vintage Jar Stamps and Vintage Jar Dies to create the jar for the sunflowers. I again used Scrapbook.com's Hybrid Inks and stamped the outline in Rainy Day and the inside with Sky Blue. I then stamped the flower stems with Succulent. Once the jar was ready, I layered on the flowers and leaves, adhering them with double sided foam tape for added dimension. I then added a tag to the jar using the pennant die from the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies and a sentiment from the Sunflower Fields Stamps.

To complete the card I added a couple of the bees from the Sunflower Fields Stamps and a jute twine bow. When stamping the bees, I found it easier to stamp the black parts first and then line up the other parts of the stamps to achieve the layered design.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and checking out how I used the Sunflower Fields Stamps to create a fall themed thanks card!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Angelica here with a floral thank you card using the new Sunflower Fields stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sunflower Fields Frilly Frames Fancy Frames Thank You Cards by Angelica Conrad

Like all of Sunny Studio Stamps layered stamp sets, these flowers and leaves have amazing detail. I used my MISTI to stamp several flowers and leaves with a wide variety of inks. For the flowers: Altenew Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Caramel toffee, Paper Bag, My Favorite Things Milk Chocolate, and Taylored Expressions Chocolate Truffle and Mocha. For the leaves: Altenew Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, and Evergreen. I used the coordinating dies to die-cut them.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sunflower Fields Frilly Frames Fancy Frames Thank You Cards by Angelica Conrad

For the background, I attached a panel of white card stock to iCraft Foam Adhesive, then die-cut the panel with the Frilly Frames Retro Petals dies. I adhered the panel to an A2 size card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sunflower Fields Frilly Frames Fancy Frames Thank You Cards by Angelica Conrad

I used glue and foam squares to attach the flowers to the card. I stamped and gold heat-embossed the sentiment words from the stamp set. I trimmed them down to strips, and again used foam squares to attach them to the card.

I hope I have given you ideas on creating with this gorgeous new stamp set. That's all that I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Vintage Jar Dies
Vintage Jar Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Vintage Jar Stamps
Vintage Jar Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Colorful Autumn 6x6 Paper
Colorful Autumn 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunflower Fields Stamps
Sunflower Fields Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunflower Fields Dies
Sunflower Fields Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: