Monday, July 15, 2019

Cruising Critters Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hello everyone, Leanne here! I’m very excited to start sharing what I’ve created using the new fall release products. Today’s featured set is so fun. I’ve made a slider card with the car full of cute critters. This card is A2 size with a cityscape background ... so easy to build using some of the new stand alone dies. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Fluffy Clouds Border Cityscape Border Birthday Cards by Leanne West

Let’s break it down layer by layer. First I blended some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink onto the top of the card base for the sky layer. Next I cut out a cloud border with the Fluffy Clouds Border Die and adhered to the card front. For the city buildings I used the Cityscape Border Die. I cut this layer out of grey card stock and backed it pale yellow. I then added it onto the card while allowing the top of the clouds to be visible.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Fluffy Clouds Border Cityscape Border Birthday Cards by Leanne West

Next I created the road with a strip of black card stock and white heat embossed the dashed line. The dashed line is stamp included in the Cruising Critters stamp set. I Copic colored the car of critters and cut out with the coordinating Cruising Critters die set. I cut out a channel for the slider part along the top edge of the road and centered lengthwise. Since the car is pretty good size, the slider channel gets hidden underneath while still allowing the car to slide from one side to the other.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Fluffy Clouds Border Cityscape Border Birthday Cards by Leanne West

Lastly, I added a greeting that is part die cut and part stamped. The “cruising” was created with a die from the coordinating Cruising Critter die set. I built the second half of the greeting with stamps from Cruising Critters.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends, Eloise here and today we are using the brand-new Cruising Critters Stamp Set. I’m creating a birthday card with this set and pulling in the Oceans of Joy Stamp Set for a balloon to make it more birthday themed.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Frilly Frames Sunny Sentiments Birthday Card by Eloise Blue

To start off I stamped out the image from Cruising Critters and Oceans of Joy and coloured them in with Copic Markers. Once they were coloured, I cut them out.

(Copic Markers Used: Y00, Y11, Y15, Y19 / YR30, YR21, Y23, YR23 / R00, R30, R20 / 0 / YR21, YR23, YR24, YR27 / W2, W3, W5, W7 / W00, W0, W1 / C0, C1, C3, C5 / E50, E51, E53, E55, E57, E59 / E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49 / YR12, YR15 / R32, R43, R35, R46)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Frilly Frames Sunny Sentiments Birthday Card by Eloise Blue

For my background, I used the new Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies and used partial die cutting to make it a little shorter. I then took a piece of watercolour cardstock cut it down to fit inside and ink blended some blue clouds over the background. I then cut down a rectangle to the same width but 1 ¼” high and stamped the small lines that create the road. I white heat embossed them and then ink blended over the piece with Black Soot Distress Ink. I also cut down another piece and used the Sunny Sentiments Die Set for the grassy border and die cut it. I ink blended some green ink over the piece as well. I then adhered all three pieces together and then onto the scallop frame.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Frilly Frames Sunny Sentiments Birthday Card by Eloise Blue

I then added foam tape onto the backs of all my images and adhered them into place. I took a pink piece of cardstock, cut a small strip and white heat embossed the ‘Birthday Smiles’ sentiment on it. I took a little bit of darker pink ink and ink blended it at the bottom of the piece. I added more foam tape onto the back and adhered it over the car image. I tied a small piece of coral hemp cord onto the side of the sentiment for added texture.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you next week. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Stamps
Cruising Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Dies
Cruising Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cityscape Border Dies
Cityscape Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Your shipping is so wonderful and fast!!! I ordered the new release right away and I got an email saying it was in my mail box! Can't wait to get home...thx for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete