Friday, July 5, 2019

Fluffy Clouds Cards with Lexa and Rachel

Hi everyone! Lexa here today with a scenic card using Fluffy Clouds Dies. I personally love these dies so much. It's so versatile that you can use it all year around with any theme especially outdoor scenes like I did with mine today. Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Foxy Friends Hello Card by Lexa Levana (using Fluffy Clouds Dies, Fir Trees & Stump from Seasonal Trees Stamps and Fox from Foxy Christmas Stamps)

The images are stamped with Versafine black ink and watercolored with Distress Markers. I used the pine trees from Seasonal Trees Stamps for the forest background. For my focal point image I used the cuddling little foxes from Foxy Christmas Stamps and I also added a tiny red bow on the smaller fox. Aren't they so adorable? After finished with the coloring I used the coordinating dies to cut out all the images. I make the foxes sit on a tree trunk.

As for the sky, I used the stitched cloud shapes several times on the top part of my card. I also cut some white fluffy clouds to add dimension. For my sky I blended Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feather Distress Inks and used Mowed Lawn Distress Ink for the grass. I then adhered the pine trees with glue in the background. I used the orange patterned paper from Amazing Argyle Paper Pad to match the orange foxes. My last step was to stamp the "hello" sentiment on a piece of fishtail banner.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Foxy Friends Hello Card by Lexa Levana (using Fluffy Clouds Dies, Fir Trees & Stump from Seasonal Trees Stamps and Fox from Foxy Christmas Stamps)

That's all for today, I hope you enjoy today's post and have an amazing day!

---------------------------------------------------

Hello, crafty friends! It's Rachel here and I have a birthday card to share with you that features the new Fluffy Clouds Die Set. I love how you have the option to die cut a cloud from card stock or just add gorgeous cloud stitching as a subtle effect to your card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fluffy Cloud Dies Love Monkey A Bird's Life Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

I chose to do both today. As you can see in the photos, there are some stitched outlines of clouds that lightly cover the background. I also added a few puffy white clouds to pop out on the ink-blended sky.

I started by stamping my images from both the Love Monkey and A Bird's Life Stamp Sets with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock. I then used some Copic Sketch Markers to color everything. I used the coordinating Love Monkey and A Bird's Life dies to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fluffy Cloud Dies Love Monkey A Bird's Life Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my background, I blended some Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Inks onto some smooth white card stock. I then splattered this image with some water and blotted it dry with a clean paper towel after letting it sit for a minute. I also splattered this panel with some diluted Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide Ink and Opaque White Paint for some added interest.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fluffy Cloud Dies Love Monkey A Bird's Life Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

Once this panel was dry, I then began to die cut my stitched-only clouds into the background. I added my white puffy clouds and die cut images to the front of my card with some 3D Foam Adhesive Squares to give them some dimension. Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto a strip of black card stock.

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for dropping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

A Bird's Life Stamps
A Bird's Life Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Bird's Life Dies
A Bird's Life Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Foxy Christmas Stamps
Foxy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Foxy Christmas Dies
Foxy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments: