Monday, July 29, 2019

Super Duper Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hello crafty friends, Leanne here! We are featuring a super fun stamp set on the blog today. I have created a comic book style card using these playful images along with some of the new dies and pattern paper. Since I have a shortage of boy themed cards in my ready-to-go card stash, I chose to combine primary colors with black and grey along with the boy images from Super Duper. However, this design could just as easily be themed for a girl by using more feminine colors and the girl images. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Super Duper Cityscape Border Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Super Hero Themed Cards by Leanne West

First I covered my A2 size card base with a black and gray halftone pattern from the Heroic Halftones paper pad. Next I added the die cut white frame. This frame die is included in the Comic Strip Speech Bubbles die set. I stamped and Copic colored two super heroes and several stars from the Super Duper stamp set. I die cut the images using the coordinating Super Duper dies. I die cut the Cityscape Border from black card stock and backed it with yellow card stock.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Super Duper Cityscape Border Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Super Hero Themed Cards by Leanne West

I arranged the images, cityscape, and die cut speech bubbles inside the comic strip windows. I only used a portion cityscape and tucked the edges behind the frame. The main images are also slightly tucked under the frame. I really love how these small individual scenes give the card an authentic comic book vibe. I stamped some basic super hero themed sentiments onto the speech bubbles to allow this card to be used for different occasions. It's always good to have a few cards like this on hand. 

---------------------------------------------------

Hello friends, Eloise here and today I’m using the Super Duper Stamp Set to create a ‘You’re My Hero’ card. This could be used as a Father’s Day Card, Thank You Card, etc. I paired it with the new Cityscape Dies and Fluffy Cloud Border Dies as well to help complete the scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Super Duper Cityscape Border Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Super Hero Themed Cards by Eloise Blue

I started off with stamping out my images from Super Duper and colouring them in with Copic Markers. I cut them out and while I had my die cutting machine out, I cut the Fluffy Cloud Border Dies and Fancy Frames Rectangles Dies from white and then the Cityscape Die and Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies from black.

(Copic Markers Used: E71, E74, E77, E79 / E41, E42, E43, E44 / R00, R30 / 0 / W2, W3, W5, W7 / Y11, Y15, Y19, YR23 / B91, B93, B95, B97 / R14, R24, R27, R89 / E000, E00, E21, E02)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Super Duper Cityscape Border Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Super Hero Themed Cards by Eloise Blue

I then cut down a piece of yellow starburst paper from Heroic Halftones to the size of my card front. I then used the white frame, flipped it over and adhered the clouds at the top and the cityscape at the bottom, I adhered foam tape onto the back and adhered it into place. I then took the super heroes and adhered them with foam tape too.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Super Duper Cityscape Border Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Super Hero Themed Cards by Eloise Blue

I then white heat embossed the ‘You’re My Super Hero’ sentiment onto the black speech bubble and also adhered it into place. Lastly, I scattered a few of the Primary Star Confetti around to match the colours used in the colouring.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you all enjoyed and I’ll see you next week. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Super Duper Stamps
Super Duper Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Super Duper Dies
Super Duper Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cityscape Border Dies
Cityscape Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment