Monday, April 29, 2024

Tropical Birds Card with Leanne

Hello everyone! It's Leanne here. I have a fun birthday card to share today. My card features a cute little parrot from the new Tropical Birds stamp setI created a cluster of tropical leaves where he is happily perched. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Birthday Card by Leanne West (featuring Summer Greenery Dies)

I started this card by creating an inked background with a combo of Kitsch Flamingo and Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide inks. I find this pairing creates a nice warm pink. I added lots of splatters before stamping the birthday greeting. These sentiments are included in the Tropical Birds stamp set.

I Copic colored the parrot, little flowers, and vines then cut out with the coordinating Tropical Birds dies. Next, I created a bunch of tropical leaves in different shades of green. I used the Summer Greenery dies to cut out the leaves from white card stock. To color I used blending brushes and these Catherine Pooler inks: Mardi Gras, Spruce, Garden Party, & Eucalyptus.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Birthday Card by Leanne West (featuring Summer Greenery Dies)

Copic colors used: W1, W3, W4, E42, E43, R00, R20, R22, R30, R32, G07, YG00, YG21, YG23, YG25, Y11, Y15, Y17 

I adhered the leaves, florals, and parrot to the center of my inked panel. The bottom layer of leaves are glued flat to the panel The vines and the parrot are adhered with foam squares so they would popped up a bit. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Stamps
Tropical Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Dies
Tropical Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. This is SUPER pretty and ADORABLY cute!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne. Your card is just too cute. I can't wait until Summer!

    ReplyDelete