Monday, April 8, 2024

Designer's Choice: Garden Critters Card with Leanne

Hi everyone! Leanne here and I'm sharing a bee theme thank you card complete with custom made bee hive. I just love the little bees in the Garden Critters stamp set. I thought they needed a bee hive to call home. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Thank You Card by Leanne West (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Stitched Oval Dies)

The hive was very easy to make. I used one the mid sized Stitched Oval dies to cut out an oval from yellow card stock. I then cut the oval in half. I used the smallest oval in the set to cut out an opening and backed it with dark brown card stock. To give the hive some details lines I simply used tape to mask off sections and lightly blended on some dark yellow ink. I stamped the "thanks a buzzilion" sentiment from Garden Critters right onto the hive. 

Copic colors used: RV14, RV29, R12, R32, Y32, Y35, Y38, YG61, YG63, BG11, T2, T4, T6

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Thank You Card by Leanne West (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Stitched Oval Dies)

I Copic colored three bees and tulips planters. I die cut with the coordinating Garden Critters diesI added the hive, bees, and tulips with thin foam squares to a Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace panel. I then adhered the eyelet lace panel to a hot pink A2 size card base. Lastly I embellished the scene with a few sequins. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: