Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Designer's Choice: Holiday Hugs Card with Tina

Hello crafters, it’s Tina and today I am mixing and matching several sets for this designer’s choice blog post. The darling bear from Holiday Hugs is perfect for all your winter cards but I wanted to see how I could make him the focal point of a Spring birthday card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Hugs Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Make A Wish, Frilly Frame Dies, Quilted Hearts Dies, Stitched Arch Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies, Happy Thoughts)

To achieve this look, I had to mask off his scarf with some Post-it tape while I was stamping. It went really well and next I used the matching dies to cut him out. I love the special die for the arms! 

Whilst browsing through my stash I selected a few birthday related stamps like the big cake (Make A Wish), the gift (Holiday Hugs), the bouquet (Big Bunny) and the letters (Bighearted Bears).All these items were colored with alcohol markers in fun Spring colors.

My card base is an A2 size and made from white heavy weight card stock. For the pink gingham frame I used a Joyful Holiday paper, which was cut with the outer of the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace dies and the largest of the Stitched Arched Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Hugs Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Make A Wish, Frilly Frame Dies, Quilted Hearts Dies, Stitched Arch Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies, Happy Thoughts)

Since the coloring was so bright, I opted for a white backdrop. The upper part is dry embossed with the Quilted Hearts folder, whilst the lower part was run through the Lots Of Dots folder (but that is difficult to see in the pictures). I added foam tape to the gingham frame and lower part of the background and adhered all the elements to my card base. Next, I added the cute bear and all his birthday accessories!

I love how the Brilliant Banner 2 Die perfectly fits on top of the arched frame. The combined sentiment was selected from the Happy Thoughts set and stamped in Versafine Onyx Black Ink. For some bling, I adhered a few Crystal Clear Jewels which are one of my favorites.

I hope you got inspired to experiment with stamp masking, it’s such a fun technique! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Make A Wish Stamps
Make A Wish Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Make A Wish Dies
Make A Wish Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lots of Dots Embossing
Lots of Dots Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 2 Dies
Brilliant Banner 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Dies
Holiday Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bunny Stamps
Big Bunny Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bunny Dies
Big Bunny Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment