Sunday, April 28, 2024

Square Die Focused Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today and I’ve got a fresh and fun card for you with a design that features several of the new Square Dies. I used a clean grid pattern to also showcase the new Fresh Lemon Dies. I think they make adorable little limes!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Fresh Lemon Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Punny Fruit Greetings, Stitched Square Dies, Scalloped Square Dies)

This is a 5 1/4" square card and I started by die-cutting a piece of lime green cardstock using the largest Scalloped Square 1 Large Dies. I adhered it centered on a white card front. Next, I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" and embossed it using the Moroccan Circles Embossing Folder for a little texture. I then die-cut this piece using the 2nd largest Stitched Square Dies and adhered it centered on the scalloped square. I inked a 4” x 4” piece of white cardstock with Kitsch Flamingo Distress ink and die-cut it 4 times using the 3rd smallest Stitched Square Dies. I then adhered the squares evenly spaced on the white cardstock.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Fresh Lemon Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Punny Fruit Greetings, Stitched Square Dies, Scalloped Square Dies)
 

Next, I die-cut 4 slices using the Fresh Lemon Dies and inked them with Celery Simon Says Stamp ink, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress inks. I adhered each to the center of a square. I die-cut 2 limes and inked them with Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress inks. I die-cut a smiley face in each one, backed that area with black cardstock and added a few details with a white gel pen/black pen. The small flower centers from the Strawberry Patch Dies make for adorable blush so I die-cut 2 from white cardstock and colored them with Copics for one of my limes. I also die-cut 2 flowers using the Strawberry Patch Dies. I just love their sweet little faces!

 

To finish, I heat embossed sentiments from the Punny Fruit Greetings Stamps with white embossing powder on black cardstock and fussy cut around them.

 

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Moroccan Circles Embossing
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Strawberry Patch Dies
Strawberry Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fresh Lemon Dies
Fresh Lemon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Square Dies
Stitched Square Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Square 1 Large Die
Scalloped Square 1 Large Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment