Sunday, October 22, 2023

Truckloads of Love Card with Rachel

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here with a classic-style Christmas card featuring the versatile Truckloads of Love Stamp Set. I love this set because it can be decorated appropriately for a variety of occasions and seasons throughout the entire year. For my card today, I used the truck combined with the wooden railing, Christmas gifts, and tree to create a simple Christmas-themed card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Truckloads Of Fun Holiday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Forest Tree Stencils, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies)

I started my card by first stamping my images onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I then colored them with Copic Markers and used the coordinating Truckloads of Love Die Set to cut them out. Next, I die cut two large scalloped ovals from some smooth white card stock using the largest die from the Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies. I set one of my oval die cuts aside to use as my background and then ran the second one through my die cutting machine again and cut the inside of it with the largest oval from the Stitched Ovals 2 Die Set in order to make a scalloped oval frame.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Truckloads Of Fun Holiday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Forest Tree Stencils, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies)

I then blended some Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Ink onto my first scalloped oval cut to create my background sky. Once finished, I then used one of the Forest Trees Stencils to blend some pine trees over top of my background sky with some Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide Ink. I then added some white ink spatters using diluted Copic Opaque White Paint to resemble snow. I made my card the standard A6 (4.5" x 6.25") size and layered it with some red patterned paper from the Joyful Holiday Paper Pad

I next stamped my sentiment from the Christmas Home Stamp Set onto my background oval scene and then adhered it to my card base with some 3D foam adhesive tape. Next, I die cut a snow drift from the negative oval piece that I had left over from making my frame using one of the stitched slope border dies from the Slimline Nature Border Dies. Following that, I added my frame around my oval with some liquid adhesive and lastly added my stamped images with more 3D foam adhesive squares for extra dimension. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! If you want more card making inspiration, feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Forest Trees Stencils
Forest Trees Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Truckloads of Love Dies
Truckloads of Love Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Dear SS and Rachel A - This is a superb card. I love red/red gingham paper and the red truck. The green / green trees in the background are perfect. I just love the whole card.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete