Saturday, October 7, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Holiday Cards with Dana Kirby

Hello crafty friends! It's Dana Kirby here today and I am so excited to be a guest on the Sunny Studio blog. I created a Christmas card and gift card holder to share with you all. So let's get started.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bells & Baubles Holiday Card by Dana Kirby

For my card, I used the Bells & Baubles stamp and coordinating dies. I started my card by die cutting my images first. I then used my Misti and did all of my stamping. I love the detail on these layered images, so pretty!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bells & Baubles Holiday Card by Dana Kirby

Next, I attached my stamped images to my card panel with foam adhesive to give my card some dimension. I then added a few gold splatters with watercolor paint for a little extra detail.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bells & Baubles Holiday Card by Dana Kirby

Lastly, I again used the Bells & Baubles stamp and coordinating dies for my sentiment. I just love the "classic" Christmas images included in this set!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens Gift Card Holder by Dana Kirby (featuring Petite Poinsettias)

For my gift card holder, I used the Woolen Mittens die set. This is a fun set of dies that create the most adorable mitten!! I die cut the mitten two times and then applied a strong adhesive around the edges to create a pocket. A gift card slides in and out of the opening perfectly. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens Gift Card Holder by Dana Kirby (featuring Petite Poinsettias)

Now the fun part, decorating your mitten! The Woolen Mittens die set includes all sorts of fun details to decorate your mitten. So many possibilities! I decided to use the cuff and the scalloped edge to decorate the top of my mitten. I then used the Pretty Poinsettia stamp and coordinating dies to create my floral accent. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens Gift Card Holder by Dana Kirby (featuring Petite Poinsettias)

Lastly, I used the Bells & Baubles set for my sentiment. I love that you can use the mitten for a gift card holder, but I also think it will make the most adorable gift tags!

Thanks for joining me today! I hope you enjoyed my card and gift card holder and that I inspired you to create one of your own.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Petite Poinsettias Stamps
Petite Poinsettias Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Petite Poinsettias Dies
Petite Poinsettias Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woolen Mitten Dies
Woolen Mitten Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bells & Baubles Stamps
Bells & Baubles Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bells & Baubles Dies
Bells & Baubles Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment