Thursday, October 19, 2023

Pretty Poinsettia Tags with Marine

Hey crafty friends, Marine here with you today, I'm back with this set of three Christmas shaker tags showcasing Pretty Poinsettia, a gorgeous and very easy to use layering stamp set. Every year, I like to create tags, you can put them on presents, hang them in the Christmas tree or in the house, etc. I personally send them to my crafty friends abroad along with a holiday card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pretty Poinsettia Holiday Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Square Tag Dies, Holiday Greetings)

I knew I wanted to have three poinsettias on each tag, so, with the help of the layering guide on the Pretty Poinsettia product page, I started off by stamping nine poinsettias on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using the different layering stamps from the set along with Lawn Fawn dye inks: for the first layer (1a) I used peachy keen, for the second layer (1b) I used guava, and for the third layer (1c) I used lobster. Next I used my heat gun to dry the inks and prevent them from mixing into each other, I gold heat embossed the center of each poinsettia, and then cut my nine poinsettias using the matching die.

I gold heat embossed several leaves using the stamps 2a and 3a. And next I used Altenew dye inks to create green leaves. For the first layers (2a and 3a) I used frayed leaf, and for the second layers (2b alternate and 3b alternate) I used forest shades. And I used the matching dies to cut all the leaves.

While I was into the stamping process, I took the advantage of the opportunity to white heat emboss three Holiday Greetings on vellum that I cut using the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pretty Poinsettia Holiday Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Square Tag Dies, Holiday Greetings)

Next I worked on the shaker tags, and started off by cutting all the different elements in three using the Scalloped Tag Square die set: the front panel out of red cardstock (and I used a smaller square die from my stash to cut an opening inside of each of those panels), acetate panels, vellum panels and All Is Bright panels. And here is how I built each shaker tag:

1. Attach the acetate panel at the back of the red panel using liquid glue along the four edges

2. Still at the back of that red panel, add foam strips on the four edges, use a powder tool along the inside edges of the foam to make it non sticky, clean the acetate using a cloth, and pour some shaker accessories on the acetate (here I used gold sequins from my stash)

3. Attach the vellum panel on top of the pattern paper panel using liquid glue along the four edges (this step is optional, I did this to mute the colors on the pattern papers a little bit)

4. Attach your vellum + pattern paper panel at the back of the red panel, directly on the foam strips to close the shaker tag

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pretty Poinsettia Holiday Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Square Tag Dies, Holiday Greetings)

Next I created a handle at the top of each tag using gold thread, and added bows for more cuteness. And then I attached all the elements (poinsettias, leaves and greetings) on the tags using 3mm glue dots mostly to stick really well on the acetate, and also 1mm foam squares. And to add more shine to those tags, I added clear droplets here and there directly on the poinsettias.

And that's it! Those shaker tags were so fun to make, and stamping the poinsettias and seeing them taking shape was quite satisfying. I hope you will find inspiration in today's projects. Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week with more poinsettias, but in a different way!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Scalloped Tags-Square
Scalloped Tags-Square
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Dies
Holiday Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pretty Poinsettia Stamps
Pretty Poinsettia Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pretty Poinsettia Dies
Pretty Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment