Saturday, August 14, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Michelle Short

Hello there, Michelle Short here and I am delighted to be back guesting here on the Sunny Studio Blog. Today I have three projects to share with you using the latest release, combining some older products with them too. My first projects use the Poppy Fields stamps and coordinating dies. These poppies are so pretty! I love how realistic they look when they are all stamped up. I think they look great stamped in the traditional red, but for my projects, I went with pink and blue for something a little different.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Poppy Fields Hello Word Die Build-A-Tag Dies Card Tag by Michelle Short

I started off the card by stamping the Poppy Fields poppies and leaves using four shades of pink ink for the poppies and two shades of green for the leaves. I used black and greys for the middles. They were die cut out using the coordinating dies and then set aside while I worked on my background. I took one of the Slimline Pennants dies and die cut it from Subtle Grey Tones paper. It was cut down and adhered to an A2 white card base with thin foam tape. I then adhered the poppies and leaves on top with liquid glue.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Poppy Fields Hello Word Die Card by Michelle Short

I took the Hello Word die and die cut it three times from white cardstock with adhesive sheet on the back. They were layered up and adhered to the card. I wanted an accompanying sentiment, so I stamped the ‘happy birthday’ from the Floating By set on to black cardstock and heat embossed it in white. It was cut into a strip and added to the card with thin foam tape. To finish off the card, I added a few Iridescent Bubbles.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Poppy Fields Build-A-Tag tag by Michelle Short

I thought it would be fun to create a little tag too! I stamped the poppies in four shades of blue and die cut them out. I cut a tag using the Build-A-Tag #1 die set from white cardstock and then ran it through my die cutting machine with the Woodgrain embossing folder. The poppies, stems and leaves were adhered on top, and I simply finished off with a twine bow and a few Iridescent Bubbles.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Chloe Alphabet Dies Just Bee-cause Card by Michelle Short

For my final project, I wanted to use the Chloe Alphabet dies, as I fell in love with them when I used them for my last guest spot. I love the style of the letters! First, I die cut a panel of white cardstock using a Slimline Pennants die and added ink blending to it using Distress Oxide Inks. I then cut the clouds from the Balloon Rides dies and adhered them on top, cutting the excess off the sides with scissors. The panel was adhered to an A2 white card base with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Chloe Alphabet Dies Just Bee-cause Card by Michelle Short

I took the Chloe Alphabet dies and die cut the letters from black cardstock three times for each letter so that I could stack them up for some dimension. They were adhered to the card with liquid glue. I then stamped the bees and hearts from the Just Bee-Cause with black ink on to white cardstock. They were coloured with Copic Markers and die cut out with the coordinating dies. I adhered the bees with foam tape and the hearts with liquid glue. To finish off, I added Crystal Glaze to the hearts for some shine.

Thank you so much to Mendi and her team for having me back guest designing, it is always a pleasure! And thank you for stopping by, have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Poppy Fields Stamps
Poppy Fields Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Poppy Fields Dies
Poppy Fields Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hello Word Die
Hello Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Dies
Just Bee-cause Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Floating By Stamps
Floating By Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment