Monday, August 16, 2021

Designer Choice Cards with Mayra and Ashley

Happy Monday everyone. Mayra here with you today, yay!! I am sharing this fun celebration-themed card. I used the sweet and fun Candy Shoppe stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Stitched Rectangle Dies Candy Shoppe Everyday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I started by coloring the images from the set using Copic markers. For the pink areas, I used RV06, RV23, RV21, RV02, and RV52. For the yellow, I used Y11, Y08, and Y19. For the green, I used YG01, YG23. For the turquoise, I used BG000, BG10, BG11, and BG13. 

Next, I used the largest of the rectangles from the Stitched Rectangles dies set to die cut the base panel layer. Then, I used the Scalloped Circle Mat 1 dies, and the Stitched Circle Large dies to create the center area for the images. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Stitched Rectangle Dies Candy Shoppe Everyday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

For the sentiment, I used the super cute die-cut sentiment from the Gift Card Pocket die set. The banner is from the Stitched Rectangles die set. 

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

--------------------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Ashley and I am super pumped that we are kicking off another Designer's Choice week here at Sunny Studio! That's especially true because I finally got my hands on a set that's been on my wish list forever - Breakfast Puns! I am such a sucker for punny sentiments! The whole time I was making this card, I was singing "Don't Go Bacon My Heart"!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Stitched Rectangle Dies Breakfast Puns Everyday Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by creating a diagonal rainbow blended background. I used Distress Oxides in Kitsch Flamingo, Squeezed Lemonade, Mermaid Lagoon, and Wilted Violet for the blend, then flicked some water droplets onto the ink for more interest. I trimmed the panel down with the largest Stitched Rectangle die, then added it to a card base made from some gingham paper from the Subtle Grey Tones pack.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Stitched Rectangle Dies Breakfast Puns Everyday Card by Ashley Ebben

I stamped the images from Breakfast Puns in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and colored with Copics. I knew I wanted to use "bacon and eggs" in my sentiment, so I stamped extras of those along with a few other breakfast items to cover the diagonal. I fussy cut my images out, but you could also use the matching Breakfast Puns dies! I arranged the images on my card, holding one bacon and one egg to the side so I could pop them up with my sentiment strip. I used the banner from Stitched Rectangles on black cardstock, then stamped "bacon & eggs" in VersaMark ink and embossed with white. I added the strip, egg, and bacon to the card with foam tape. I finished the sentiment by stamping the rest of the phrase directly onto the background with more Jet Black ink.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Candy Shoppe Stamps
Candy Shoppe Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Candy Shoppe Dies
Candy Shoppe Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gift Card Pocket
Gift Card Pocket
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Dies
Breakfast Puns Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment