Friday, August 6, 2021

Happy Hamster Cards with Kay and Candice

Hi there! Kay here and I have a fun card to share with you today using the super cute Happy Hamsters stamp set and the coordinating dies. I also used the Stitched Rectangle dies and some patterned paper from the Holiday Cheer 6x6 Cardstock pad.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Hamsters Stitched Rectangle Dies Hamster Themed Card by Kay Miller

First off, I created a background for the cute little hamsters by blending some distress ink onto white cardstock. I used Mowed Lawn for the grass and Tumbled Glass for the sky. I then speckled some darker blue Peacock Feathers ink mixed with water over all of it. I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Hamsters stamp set along the bottom and then cut this panel out with the medium Stitched Rectangle dies. I then cut out a panel of patterned paper from the Holiday Cheer paper pack just one size larger using the largest of the Stitched Rectangle dies. I then layered both of these onto my white card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Hamsters Stitched Rectangle Dies Hamster Themed Card by Kay Miller

Next I colored the cute little hamsters and wheel with Copic markers and cut them out with the Happy Hamsters coordinating dies. I added these to my card using foam tape.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by and happy weekend!

------------------------------------------------

Have you seen these absolutely adorable Happy Hamsters from Sunny Studio stamps yet?! Candice with you today sharing a fun slimline card highlighting these sweeties!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Hamsters Staggered Circle Dies Frilly Frame Dies Hamster Themed Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio products to create my slimline design:

I began my slimline with an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base. For the background, I first created the stitched panel using the Slimline Pennant dies using the partial die cut method (run partway through your machine, rotate and line up, and run partway through again!) I then die cut the Herringbone using this same partial die cut method to create my stencil, inking my panel with tea dye, and then die cutting the staggered stitched circles. I finished the background by gluing a piece of Kraft cardstock that was splattered with white paint and adhered the panel over it with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Hamsters Staggered Circle Dies Frilly Frame Dies Hamster Themed Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I stamped the hamsters, wheel, and peanuts, colored them with Copic markers, and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I added a few white accents with a pen and then put them in the circles with foam tape. I stamped my sentiment on a white banner adding it with foam tape and glued a few die cut hearts from red velvet cardstock!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Hamsters Stamps
Happy Hamsters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Hamsters Dies
Happy Hamsters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Staggered Circles Die
Staggered Circles Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment