Saturday, October 26, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Merry Mice Cards with Chitra Nair

Hello friends, Chitra here with another set of cards to share with you all!!
This time I got to play with another SUPER cute set from the new winter release called Merry Mice and its coordinating dies.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Scalloped Tag Dies Christmas Cards by Chitra Nair

I started by ink blending a white card panel with oxide inks (Dried Marigold, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserve) and splattering water on top of it and dried it off with a towel. Once dry I splattered white and silver watercolor from Gansai Tambi watercolors. Then I stamped the images onto Crafter's Companion ultra smooth white cardstock using memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with copics then die-cut it out using coordinating dies.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Scalloped Tag Dies Christmas Cards by Chitra Nair

I took another piece of white cardstock which is embossed using Buffalo Plaid embossing folder, adhered that to a white card base. I made snowy ground for the mice, adhered that to the colored panel and then I adhered all the images to the panel some using foam squares and some directly.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Scalloped Tag Dies Christmas Cards by Chitra Nair

The sentiment is white heat embossed using WOW white embossing powder. Then I glued few cheese as Christmas ornament for the mice, drew the lines using black gel pen. I also added few highlights using white gel pen and also added glitter to the cap and scarf.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Scalloped Tag Dies Christmas Cards by Chitra Nair

For my second card I used scalloped tag square die along with the cute Merry Mice and its coordinating diesFirst I die cut out a square tag using the dies and white cardstock and then did some ink blending on it using oxide inks (Twisted Citron and squeezed lemonade and scattered straw), then splattered some plain water and dried it out using towel. Once dry I splattered some white and silver watercolor from Gansai Tambi watercolors.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Scalloped Tag Dies Christmas Cards by Chitra Nair

Images are all stamped onto Crafter's Companion ultra smooth white cardstock and colored with Copics and cut out using coordinating dies. I took a colored cardstock and used Buffalo Plaid embossing folder to emboss the pattern on it and adhered it directly to bottom of the card base and then adhered the tag on top of it.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Scalloped Tag Dies Christmas Cards by Chitra Nair

The sentiment is heat embossed on black cardstock using WOW white embossing powder. The sentiment is adhered using foam squares and I also adhered the images. I added some details using white Signo gel pen and glued natural jute twine on the tag.

I had so much fun playing with the new goodies. Hope you too enjoyed my cards!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!! Hugs!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Buffalo Plaid Embossing
Buffalo Plaid Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Dies
Merry Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Tags-Square
Scalloped Tags-Square
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

5 comments:

  1. so cute....those colors are AMAZING!
    I'm going to share the caffeinated design in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB pge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome these look!
    Love the mice and beautiful
    colors. Also, THANK YOU for
    sponsoring the 2019 Cat Lovers
    Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!"
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, the cuteness! Absolutely love them! Just stopping by to say THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2019 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!

    ReplyDelete