Monday, October 7, 2019

Christmas Garland Frame Focused Cards with Eloise and Leanne

Hi friends, Eloise here and today I’m using the Christmas Garland Frame Dies along with Season’s Greetings Stamp Set to create a Christmas Card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Eloise Blue

I started off with die cutting the Christmas Garland Frame die from white cardstock. I had to use a metal shim for this to make sure I got a nice clean cut. I repeated this step with a piece of green cardstock and then also die cut out some berries from the set too out of red cardstock.

I then took a piece of watercolour cardstock and ink blended some Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio onto the bottom half of the piece and faded up to white. I then flicked on some water and dried it off with a heat tool to create the water splotch effect. Once the background was done, I stamped down the large ‘Season’s and Greeting’s sentiment with black ink from Season’s Greetings. I then clear heat embossed over it to make sure I didn’t smudge it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Eloise Blue

I then cut apart the white frame die cut and adhered half of it at the bottom of my card panel and then a small strip at the top. I also cut apart some of the green pine needles and adhered them around my card on top of the white, just for a bit of variation. I added foam tape onto the red berries and adhered them in place too.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you all next week.

-------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, Leanne here! I have a festive holiday card to share today. I've relied upon lots of die cutting to create this design. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Circle Snowflake Frame Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Leanne West

I decided to go with a non traditional Christmas color palette of pink, teal, and mint green. This card is A2 size and I started by creating the ink blended background using Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink. I then generously splattered the background with thinned white acrylic paint. I used the Christmas Garland Frame to die cut the pine sprig border. 

I decorated the pine border with die cut lights and snowflakes. The mini light bulb die is a freebie with an order from the Sunny Studio shop. I added Glossy Accents to the bulbs for a nice shiny finish. The snowflakes were cut out with a die from the Snowflakes Circle Frame set. To give the lights a more realistic look, I added some thin silver metallic twine to connect them. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Circle Snowflake Frame Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Leanne West

For the greeting, I die cut Merry Christmas from Tonic Studios Turquoise Lake Glitter Card and added to the center of the card front with liquid adhesive. To finish off the card, I adhered some little pearl embellishments to the center of the snowflakes. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Season's Greetings Stamps
Season's Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Garland Frame
Christmas Garland Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment