Saturday, October 12, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Feeling Frosty Cards with Chitra Nair

Hello everyone!! Chitra here!! I just can't tell you guys how excited I am today to be guest designing for Sunny Studio Stamps!!! Eeeekkkkk!!! And the best part is I got to play with their cutest winter release!!! I have two cards to share with you all today using the cutest snowman stamp set called Feeling Frosty and its coordinating dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Cards by Chitra Nair

Just look at the cute snowmen!!!! I used 3 of them and the Christmas tree on my first card. I stamped all the images onto crafter's companion ultra-smooth white cardstock and colored with Copics, the snowmen are colored using B00 and 0 and then cut them with their coordinating dies.

The background is ink blended using distress oxide inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feather, and Twisted Citron), then I splattered some water and dried it out using a towel. Once the background was dry I splattered some white acrylic paint and left it to dry. Then I took another piece of white cardstock and embossed it with Woodgrain embossing folder and applied some Rich Cocoa Memento Ink for that wood look. I colored the sides of the white card base with a red marker before adhering anything down.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Cards by Chitra Nair

First I adhered the colored panel, then I adhered the woodgrain embossed piece on top and bottom to frame the scene. I wanted a snow ground for my snowmen so took another piece of white cardstock and die-cut it out using an oval die to get that curvy snow mountain, adhered that flat and the used some foam squares to adhere my little snowmen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Cards by Chitra Nair

The sentiment is heat embossed using WOW white embossing powder on black cardstock and cut out with scissor and adhered that to the card using foam squares. Lastly I added few hearts and then added white highlights using white signo gel pen and also added little Nuvo clear glaze to the buttons.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Cards by Chitra Nair

My second card is little more simple. This beautiful Layered Snowflake frame die alone is enough to perk up your winter cards. For this card I used rest of the snowmen in the set, stamped them using Memento black ink and colored with Copics and used their coordinating dies to cut them out.

I took a white cardstock and used oxide inks (Antique Linen, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot) to create my snowy sky background, splattered little water and dried out using towel. Once everything dried I stamped some snowflakes with a white pigment ink and then splattered white acrylic paint for the snow.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Cards by Chitra Nair

I die-cut out snowflake frame (I used the larger frame) out of white cardstock and also I die-cut out few snowflakes and the word winter out of white cardstock, then ink blended the word winter using the same oxide inks. I adhered the colored panel flat on an A2 white card base and also gave a snow ground for the snowmen to stand on. Then I adhered the snowflake frame and the snowmen, I used foam squares for the snowmen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Cards by Chitra Nair

I adhered the snowflakes directly to the card base before adhering the sentiment and the word winter is adhered flat on top of the snowflakes. The sentiment is white heat embossed on black cardstock and cut out with scissor and adhered using foam squares. I added few hearts and lots of white details using my white Signo gel pen.

Hope you got inspired to use this cute set and the amazing dies!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Hugs!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Dies
Feeling Frosty Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Snowflake Frame
Layered Snowflake Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment