Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sea You Soon Cards with Leanne and Mindy

Hello everyone! Leanne here and I'm taking you under the sea today. My card features images from a new mini stamp set called Sea You Soon. It coordinates so well with all the other ocean themed sets Sunny Studio has release previously. For this fun under water scene I chose to include some images from Magical Mermaids.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Magical Mermaids Fancy Frame Dies Summer Themed Card by Leanne West

This card is A2 size. I started by creating an ink blended and paint splattered background. I used Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers to achieve the pretty mint green and teal tones. I wanted to give the illusion of tiny fish swimming in the distance, so I stamped them in light grey ink. I Copic colored all the images (colors used listed below). 

Copic Markers used for coloring: Shark & rocks - C00, C1, C3, C5; Coral & large fish - V01, V12, V15; Tiny fish & octopus - B60, B63, B66; Seahorse - V22, V28; Seaweed - G000, G00, G02; Starfish & shell - R0000, R00, R20

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Magical Mermaids Fancy Frame Dies Summer Themed Card by Leanne West

I used a white gel pen to add lots of little dots and highlight details to the colored images. I knew I wanted to stamp the greeting in the top left area of the scene so I just arranged all the images with that in mind. I used the largest die from the Fancy Frames Rectangles dies to create a frame to give this card design a nice finished look.  

------------------------------------------------------

Hello! It’s Mindy from My Creative Scoop.Today I’m sharing a fun Summer card using the new Sea You Soon Stamp Set. The sentiment is from the Radiant Plumeria Stamp Set and I’m using the new Stitched Semi-Circle Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Video by Sunny Studio Stamps on youtube · · · Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon, Tropical Scenes & Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Summer Slimline Card with Video Tutorial by Mindy Baxter

I used the Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks to create the ocean background. I used the colors Aquamarine and Pearl. I stamped my images in Memento Ink and stamped onto my Copic xpress it blending card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Video by Sunny Studio Stamps on youtube · · · Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon, Tropical Scenes & Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Summer Slimline Card with Video Tutorial by Mindy Baxter

I used the following Copic Markers to color my images: Shark and Rocks – N5, N3, N1, N0; Pink Octopus and Coral – RV19, RV17, RV14, N3; Blue Octopus and Coral – BG07, BG05, BG02, N3; Orange Fish and Coral – YR07, YR04, Y17, N3; Yellow Coral – Y02, Y17, N3; Seaweed – YG13, YG17, N3; Sand – E30

Check out the video below, on how I put my card together + some Copic Coloring!



I really enjoyed making this card. I just love coloring cute little creatures! 

Don't forget, there's still time to take advantage of our special offer on shipping through May 31st when you shop at our store HERE.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Magical Mermaid Dies
Magical Mermaid Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Stamps
Sea You Soon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Dies
Sea You Soon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment