Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Savanna Safari Cards with Tammy and Ana

Hi crafty friends! Tammy here with a fun card featuring Savanna Safari from Sunny Studio Stamps brand new release. I also used the new Tropical Scenes Stamp to create a lush canopy for our jungle cuties.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Savanna Safari Tropical Scenes Fabulous Flamingos Jungle Themed Birthday Card by Tammy Stark

To begin, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock to 3 1/4 X 8 1/4", and ink blended it with Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks. I splattered some water and some thinned Mowed Lawn ink onto my background with a paintbrush for some interest, and set aside to dry.

Next, I stamped, colored my images from the Savanna SafariTropical Scenesand Fabulous Flamingo (leaves) stamp sets. I added highlights to my colored images with a white gel pen, and die cut with the Savanna Safari DiesTropical Scenes Diesand Fabulous Flamingo Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Savanna Safari Tropical Scenes Fabulous Flamingos Jungle Themed Birthday Card by Tammy Stark

Next, I arranged my colored images onto my card. I colored and cut two of the vine borders and pieced them together onto my card to fit the longer length of the slimline card. The critters were then all attached with foam tape for dimension. I tucked the leaves from Fabulous Flamingos behind the critters to create a fuller scene and fill in any sparse areas. 

To complete my card, I stamped the sentiment onto a black cardstock strip, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and attached to my card front. The completed panel was then attached to a 3 1/2 X 8 1/2" white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by...see you next time!

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi friends! It’s Ana here today, sharing an adorable birthday card featuring new Savanna Safari stamps and coordinating dies, as well as Tropical Scenes stamps and dies, from the new summer release. I went bananas when I saw Savanna Safari stamp set and could not wait to start playing with it! Have you ever seen cuter safari critters!? Eeep! No wonder I had to include ALL of them on this card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Savanna Safari Tropical Scenes Love Monkey Woodland Border Dies Jungle Themed Birthday Card by Ana Anderson

I stamped, colored and die cut the critters from Savannas Safari set. For the lush greens around all the critters, I stamped the vines, palm trees and the island (which I turned into a lake for my hippo) from Tropical Scenes, colored them with Copic markers and cut them with coordinating dies.

I created a sunset background with distress inks in Concord grape, Worn lipstick and Twisted citron, then added water droplets and dabbed them off them with paper towel.
To create the sand, I die cut tan cardstock with Woodland Borders dies, inked the edges with Ground espresso distress ink and added some splatter to create the texture. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Savanna Safari Tropical Scenes Love Monkey Woodland Border Dies Jungle Themed Birthday Card by Ana Anderson

I stamped the sentiment (from Savanna Safari set) to the sand die cut then assembled the card adhering all my critters with liquid glue and foam tape. And because every safari scene needs a monkey, I added a hanging monkey (from Love monkey set) to the scene.

I really hope you like this card as much as I loved creating it! I just love these cuties so much! Thank you for spending some time with us today, and until next week I wish you happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Savanna Safari Stamps
Savanna Safari Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Savanna Safari Dies
Savanna Safari Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: