Saturday, May 2, 2020

Guest Designer Spotlight: Sealiously Sweet Cards with Nicky Meek

Hey everyone, it's Nicky Meek here with you. Today I'm happily guest designing for Sunny Studio Stamps again and I'm featuring the stamp set Sealiously Sweet from their most recent release. I have two cards today so keep on scrolling!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Summer Themed Cards by Nicky Meek

This first card features and ink blended and 'bubble' stenciled background. Layered over the top is the coral seabed image from Tropical Scenes which I stamped and Copic coloured in vivid hues then die cut with the coordinating dies, backed with foam tape and applied to the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Summer Themed Cards by Nicky Meek

The adorable seals were also stamped and Copic coloured and similarly applied with points highlighted with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Summer Themed Cards by Nicky Meek

To finish out the card I applied see thru jewels for more bubbles and I stamped the sentiments and arranged them at playful angles backed with dimensional tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Summer Themed Cards by Nicky Meek

My second card is a shaker card and uses the new Sealiously Sweet set and the Stitched Semi-Circles die set. An opening was made in white panel using the largest die and the panel backed with acetate. A background panel was ink blended in yellows and blues and applied to a card base. I pooled a mix of sparkling sequins, beads and other shaker contents from my stash on the background. I applied tape around the back of the shaker window and applied it down on to the card base sealing in the contents.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Summer Themed Cards by Nicky Meek

On Copic friendly paper the seals were stamped and Copic coloured then die cut and applied directly to the scene. A few points were highlighted with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Summer Themed Cards by Nicky Meek

To finish up the card I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of cardstock and applied it backed with foam tape and then a few sparkling clear sequins were applied on top of the shaker window.

I hope you've enjoyed my cards today and take away a little inspiration for your own projects. Thank you for coming by to read!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. OMG these are adorable! I got the seal set & haven't inked it up yet...this is the inspiration I needed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are sealiously too cute! I need those arch dies!

    ReplyDelete