Friday, April 5, 2019

Therm-O-Web Cards with Rachel


We are so excited to be partnering up with the Therm-o-web team this week. Both teams will be sharing projects all week long, combining products from both Therm-o-web and Sunny Studio Stamps, so we hope you'll stop by and visit their blog as well! 

Hello, crafty friends, Rachel here! Therm-O-Web has teamed up with Sunny Studio Stamps and I have a fun card to share with you today featuring some gorgeous products from both companies!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Wavy Border Dies Sunny Smiles Card by Rachel  Alvarado

Prior to this project, I had actually never worked with Therm O Web products but I have to say that it was super easy and a lot of fun. I can't tell you how many sheets I added foil to just for the fun of it and to see what each color would look like once pressed onto the paper. I used a heat laminator along with various Deco Foil in order to accomplish this.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Wavy Border Dies Sunny Smiles Card by Rachel  Alvarado

The photos don't do justice to the beautiful shimmer and contrasting colors that you can actually see in person. I went all out for my card today and added a lot of color via Deco Foils and hot foiling. I definitely went out of my comfort zone as I don't usually have this much shimmer and shine on my cards but the foil is so beautiful and mesmerizing!

For my pinstripe background, I used the Therm O Web Deco Foil Clear Toner Sheets along with the Therm O Web Iridescent Deco Foil. I also did a layer of foiling in the front of the card. I wanted to use some swirls to resemble waves and some beautiful tones of blue and purple foil. To do so, I used the Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates Backgrounds: Swirls & Flourishes along with the Rainbow Shattered Glass Deco Foil Transfer Sheets.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Wavy Border Dies Sunny Smiles Card by Rachel  Alvarado

For my images, I stamped a sweet little beach girl and an umbrella from Sunny Studio's Beach Babies Stamp Set. I colored everything with Copics and then cut them out using their coordinating dies. I blended some Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks to create some water and then used the Wavy Border Dies to cut it out.

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for dropping by!

---------------------------------------------------------

We also have two giveaways going on this week - one here on the Sunny Studio blog and one over on the Therm-o-web blog. We are each giving away a $25 gift code to our online store, drawn from the comments on the blog this week. So make sure to visit both blogs each day this week to get in on those giveaways. Our winner will be announced on our blog on Sunday.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Wavy Border Dies
Wavy Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

14 comments:

  1. This card and the foiling work u did is WONDERFUL!!!! GREAT job! Can't wait to try foil for the 1st time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this card is so yummy - thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute she is! I love that she is enjoying herself in an inner tube like we used to do. We would float down the river in Yosemite, enjoying the gorgeous sights...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I love the foiled background and the cute beach girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really vibrant and happy! Love all the pretty foiling. Awesome design; love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply darling! A stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Love the foiled background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card just makes me happy. great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. there is so much movement in this
    card. Fantastic water action.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning colors and that background just WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this unique background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is fabulous!
    Love all the foiling
    and colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marisela Delgado said: Fabulous card. I love that purple. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete