Monday, April 15, 2019

Silly Sloths Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hello there! Leanne here and I’m so excited to start sharing projects featuring stamps and dies from the new April release! I’ve used images from the new Silly Sloths stamp set along with some previously released dies for my card today.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Staggered Circles Ric Rac Borders Fancy Frames Sloth Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

This card is A6 size and I started with some ink blending on a panel of Bristol Smooth card stock. I used Mowed Lawn Distress Ink for the bottom and Worn Lipstick for the top. As I blended the ink towards the center, I kept going lighter to create a gradual fade to white. I then used the Staggered Circles die to cut out the circles which serve as grounding spots for the stamped images. I used a die from the Ric Rac Borders to create the decorative detail along the left side of the panel. I adhered the panel with dimensional foam tape but inlaid the circles flat to the card base.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Staggered Circles Ric Rac Borders Fancy Frames Sloth Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I Copic colored the sloths. flowers, and leaves from Silly Sloths. I arranged the images on the card while leaving spaces to add the sentiment.  I stamped “have a” and “birthday” directly on two of the circles. I white heat embossed “slothsome” onto some dark gray card stock, trimmed into a skinny strip, and adhered right above “birthday”. Lastly, I added some sparkling clear sequins.  

I hope you liked this fun birthday card. I will be back next Monday with another card using stamps from the new release. See you then!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends, Eloise here and today we are sharing cards using the Silly Sloths Stamp Set. I am loving this new release and I hope you are too. I recreated an old card design of mine since I loved the layout so much and thought it would work perfectly for all these small images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Staggered Circles Ric Rac Borders Fancy Frames Sloth Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I started off by stamping out my images, colouring them with Copic Markers and then cutting them out with the coordinating dies. I made sure to stamp a ton of extra leaves since I wanted my scenes to feel full.

(Copic Markers Used: E41, E42, E43, E44, E47 / E000, E00, E02, E40 / E53, E55, E57, E59 / R00, R20 / YG01, YG03, YG07, YG09 / YG61, YG63, YG67, G28 / RV10, RV13, RV25, RV19 / Y13, YR14)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Staggered Circles Ric Rac Borders Fancy Frames Sloth Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I took the Surprise Party Patterned Paper Pad and chose the starry paper for the background. I took the Fancy Rectangle Frames Dies, took the smallest one and cut it three times from white cardstock. I added foam tape onto the backs of each of them and layered them around on top of my patterned paper. I then laid out all my sloths and leaves around to see how I wanted my scenes arranged.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Staggered Circles Ric Rac Borders Fancy Frames Sloth Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I added adhesive and foam adhesive onto the backs of my images and adhered them down into place. For my sentiment I white heat embossed the ‘You’re So Slothsome’ onto a black piece of cardstock and adhered it into the middle of my card. I adhered the entire panel onto a card base and that finished up my card for today.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you next week! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Ric Rac Border Dies
Ric Rac Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Staggered Circles Die
Staggered Circles Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: