Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Fabulous Flamingos Cards with Angelica and Juliana

Hello crafty friends, it's Angelica here and I am super excited to share my first project from the fantastic new Summer 2019 Release! I used Fabulous Flamingos stamp set to make this bright and tropical card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Fancy Frames Frilly Frames Stitched Ovals Flamingo Punny Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

You're Flamazing ... How cute are these flamingos?? I stamped the images, then pulled out my Copic Markers and started coloring. The birds I colored: R83, RV11, RV10, RV000. I used 2 different green combos for the leaves: YG06, YG03, YG01 for the first, YG67, YG61 for the second. The flowers: Y23, Y26 yellow flowers, R22, R20 pink flowers. The middle of the flowers: E37, E35, E33. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Fancy Frames Frilly Frames Stitched Ovals Flamingo Punny Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. For the card front, I used the the scallop die from the Frilly Frames Stripes Dies to die-cut white card stock. Next, I cut a circle out of the middle of a 3.75 x 5 panel of yellow striped paper from the Summer Splash 6x6 Paper Pack. I made a sky background for the circle window by ink-blending Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink onto the white card stock using a quick handmade stencil.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Fancy Frames Frilly Frames Stitched Ovals Flamingo Punny Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

I used foam tape to add the pattern paper to the white card stock, then added the panel to an A2 size card base. I used thin foam adhesive squares to attach the flamingos inside the window, and also to add the stamped and heat-embossed sentiment. I made a wreath around the window, using foam squares for some of leaves and flowers for different heights. My last step was adding the flower and two leaves under the sentiment.

I hope I have helped give you some ideas on how to use this stamp set. That's all that I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!

----------------------------------------------------

Hello Friends and Happy Tuesday! Juliana here and I'm so excited to begin sharing some projects created using the brand new release from Sunny Studio Stamps. Today, I'm sharing a card that uses the adorable Fabulous Flamingos Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Fancy Frames Frilly Frames Stitched Ovals Flamingo Punny Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

To get started, I stamped the images from the Fabulous Flamingos Stamp Set and colored them using Copic Markers. I then die cut them using the Fabulous Flamingos Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Fancy Frames Frilly Frames Stitched Ovals Flamingo Punny Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

For the background, I die cut a piece of the sky patterned paper from the Summer Splash 6x6 Paper Pad using the largest oval from the Stitched Oval Dies. I then layered a white cardstock frame die cut on top using the largest frame from the Fancy Frames Oval Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Fancy Frames Frilly Frames Stitched Ovals Flamingo Punny Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

Next, I went about creating the scene by adding in 3 of the flamingos and lots of the jungle leaves. I even added in the pineapple for a touch of interest and contrast to all of the pink and green. To give the die cuts some dimension, I adhered most of them using Therm O Web Foam Squares. Once the scene was completed, I adhered the entire frame to a piece of pink floral paper from the Summer Splash 6x6 Paper Pad.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration using the Fabulous Flamingos Stamp Set. See you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Ovals
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Man I wish I could make my backgrounds blend so so nicely! Great job and great cards!!! This set it on the top of my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that yellow background is striking, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete