Saturday, October 10, 2026

Classy Christmas Card with Jarle

Hi friends! It’s Jarle here, and I am happy to be back on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog for my weekly project.  Today, I am featuring the Classy Christmas stamp set for an elegant Christmas card. I haven’t made many Christmas cards this year, so I was glad to have another one done! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas Holiday Card by Jarle Franceus  (featuring Build-A-Greeting Holidays)

I trimmed a piece of red cardstock to 3,75 by 5 inches. I went for Cranberry cardstock from Spellbinders. I prepped this panel with an antistatic powder tool, since I was going to be doing a lot of heat embossing. 

I stamped different images from the Classy Christmas stamp set with Versamark ink onto the card panel. I used a regular stamping block instead of my Misti because I stamped those images a few times. I sprinkled on gold embossing powder and heat-set it with my heat tool. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas Holiday Card by Jarle Franceus  (featuring Build-A-Greeting Holidays)

Tip 1: Stamp, emboss, and heat set in different sections. Only bring your heat gun to your cardstock when it is very hot so you don’t get any warping. 

Tip 2: Wipe down your card panel with a cloth after embossing. This gets rid of the antistatic powder. 

I took out my Polychromos pencils and colored all the images. I did very simple shading, with only 2 colors of green and 2 colors of blue. I was afraid that the cardstock was going to be too smooth for colored pencils, but it worked beautifully. 

These are the colors I used:
- Blue: 149 & 152 
- Green: 266 & 278

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas Holiday Card by Jarle Franceus  (featuring Build-A-Greeting Holidays)

After that, I chose a sentiment from the Build A Greeting Holidays and heat embossed it as well on a strip of red cardstock. I popped up the sentiment onto my card panel. I adhered the whole panel with foam tape on an A2 cardbase made of Oceanside cardstock (Spellbinders). Yes! Lots of dimension! For a finishing touch, I glued down a few Gold Jewels. I think this really finishes off the card. 

Whenever I do gold embossing, I am always amazed at how beautiful and special the effect is. I hope you will give this a try! Have a beautiful day! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
 

Classy Christmas Stamps
Classy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Dies
Classy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-a-Greeting Holidays
Build-a-Greeting Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment