Sunday, August 13, 2023

Outback Critters Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a fun card featuring the adorable Outback Critter Stamps. They decided to take a vacation to the coast! Tropical/ocean themed cards are my absolute favorite to make so I couldn’t resist a little surfin’ wombat and chillin’ koala on the beach.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Outback Critters Summer Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Catch A Wave Dies, Slimline Dies)

I started this A2 card with the sky and ocean background. I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and placed post-it notes across the panel 2” from the top edge to mask the sky. I inked the ocean with Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers Distress inks. I then removed the post-it notes and inked the sky with a cloud stencil using Tumbled Glass Distress ink.

Next, I cut 2 strips of white cardstock (1 3/8”x 5 1/2", 2” x 5 1/2") and die-cut the top edge of each using the Catch a Wave Dies. I inked both with Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers Distress inks and splattered a little water on them. I also used a white gel pen on the top of a few waves. I adhered these to the background panel with the 2” wide strip behind the 1 3/8” wide strip. For the sand, I cut a strip of white cardstock 1 1/4" x 5 1/2", die-cut the top edge using a Slimline Nature Borders Die and inked it with Antique Linen Distress ink.

I stamped all the images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them out. I used the following stamps:

Outback Critters Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps (islands, palm trees)
Seasonal Trees Stamps (large palm tree)
Ocean View Stamps (beach chair/umbrella)
Beach Buddies Stamps (beach hat)
Silly Sloths Stamps (flower on wombat)
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps (pineapple)
Tiki Time Stamps (coconut drink)
Surfing Santa Stamps (surfboard)
Tropical Paradise Stamps (hibiscus/leaves)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Outback Critters Summer Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Catch A Wave Dies, Slimline Dies)

To finish, I heat embossed sentiments from the Beach Buddies Stamps on teal cardstock in white embossing powder. I fussy cut around the “Summer” sentiment and die-cut the “wishing you an endless” sentiment using a die from the Notebook Photo Corners Dies.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Tropical Paradise Stamps
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Outback Critters Stamps
Outback Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surfing Santa Stamps
Surfing Santa Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Stamps
Ocean View Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE this! I'll put this set on my "to get" list. TFS -
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete