Friday, August 4, 2023

Balloon Rides with Tina

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina with a sweet wedding card featuring the adorable Balloon Rides stamp and die set! I love that the sentiments in this set are so versatile, allowing you to create cards for many occasions.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Card by Tina Henkens

Let’s start by making a white A2 card base from heavy weight card stock. It’s very unusual for me to begin this way, but I wanted to get the design part of this project done first.

After folding the base, I selected a cloud die from my stash and used it to cut the front of my base. After creating this cloudy border, I used the rest of that white sheet to cut a similar border for the bottom of the design. With the remaining part of the card stock, I cut two slightly smaller rectangles.

Next, I took a piece of heavy weight acetate and cut it to A2 size. Now I was able to sandwich the acetate between the cloud borders and the two rectangle pieces at the back. Since we have a see through front panel, I glued a pretty pink paper from Gingham Pastels to the inside of my card. Leaving you with the back of your project to write a message!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Card by Tina Henkens

With the base of the card finished, I stamped and die cut 4 balloons, two decoration ribbons and two cute bears from the Balloon Rides stamp. All the coloring was done with Copic Markers, I left two balloon dies white since they will be glued at the back to give the inside of the card a clean look. To make the bears extra adorable, I added two little bows from the Spring Showers set.

The sentiment from the Balloon Rides stamp was stamped onto a small white strip with pink dye ink from my stash. To assemble the card, I placed both balloons left and right onto the front panel, showing as much as the cloud borders as possible. I glued the blank dies on the back as mentioned before. Next, I added the sweet bears with their bows and finally the sentiment strip.

Since this is a love themed card, I added three shiny hearts from the Heart Shaped Pearls embellishments.

And that finishes this project, I am wishing you lots of crafty fun making your own scene with these beautiful stamps and dies! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Dies
Spring Showers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: