Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Barnyard Buddies Card with Catherine

Hello Crafty Friends! Catherine here! Today, I am sharing a peek-a-boo birthday card created with the adorable Barnyard Buddies Stamps!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Barnyard Buddies Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Gingerbread House Dies, Fluffy Cloud Dies, Inside Greetings)

To start, I masked off 3” from the bottom of A2 white cardstock. I ink blended the unmasked part with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide using a cloud stencil made with Fluffy Clouds Border Dies. Next, I removed the mask and I lightly ink blended the bottom of the background panel up to 1 ½” with Mowed Grass Distress Oxide. I splattered the grass with some green watercolour for interest.

To make the barn, I used the gingerbread house shadow die in Gingerbread House Dies. I die cut two shadows out of white cardstock and I trimmed one shadow for the roof (B).  To make the barn doors, I used a craft knife and cut the openings as shown in the solid lines (A). I scored the door hinges (dotted lines).

For the barn door braces (C), I trimmed white cardstock to the following sizes:
Vertical Strips: ¼” W x 2” H (total 4 pieces- 2 per door)
Horizontal Strips: ¼”W x 1 ¾”H (total 4 pieces- 2 per door)
Crosses: ¼” W x 1 ¾”H ( total 4 pieces- 2 per door)

I added a barn window with a small 7/8”W x 1” H die that I had in my stash.

Using a scoreboard, I made horizontal lines across the barn (A) for a wood effect. I then, ink blended the barn with Barn Door Distress Oxide. I adhered all the pieces of the barn together.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Barnyard Buddies Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Gingerbread House Dies, Fluffy Cloud Dies, Inside Greetings)

Next, I stamped and die cut the images from Barnyard Buddies Stamps. I added a wagon from Harvest Mice Stamps, hay from Farm Fresh Stamps, presents from Holiday Express Stamps and Cozy Christmas Stamps, and a party hat from Purrfect Birthday Stamps. I colored the images with Copic Markers listed in my blog link below.

I adhered the animals onto the background panel and then I adhered the barn onto the panel with foam tape. I adhered the wagon, presents, party hat, chick, and hay onto the barn. I finished off the card with some bunting from Balloon Rides Stamps and White Heat Embossed sentiments from Inside Greetings Birthday Stamps and Barnyard Buddies Stamps.

Thanks so much for joining me today! For a list of Copic Markers used, please feel free to visit me at Crafti-Cat. Have a wonderful week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Dies
Holiday Express Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingerbread House Dies
Gingerbread House Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Barnyard Buddies Dies
Barnyard Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Barnyard Buddies Stamps
Barnyard Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Stamps
Farm Fresh Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Dies
Farm Fresh Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Birthday
Inside Greetings Birthday
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Dear Catherine and SS - You are ON FIRE lately, Cat!! Your fishing bear stole my heart and now this barn full of cuties is just BE. YOND.
    LOVE IT!!!!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete