Monday, August 14, 2023

Little Buckaroo Card with Bobbi

Howdy, Partner, Bobbi here with you! I have a cute little tag to share today featuring the Little Buckaroo stamps and dies. This set includes two rootin’ tootin’ western-wear friends – a girl and boy – as well as the word “howdy” and two cute accessories. I made this tag featuring a swing door, reminiscent of the old saloon doors you’d see in old western movies. When it’s closed, all you see is their feet. When opened, you see this cute cowboy and cowgirl.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Little Buckaroo Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Stitched Arch Dies, Woodgrain Embossing Folder)

To make this western-inspired gift tag, I used the largest arch from the Stitched Arch Dies set for the base. I cut the two arches and left one white for the backside of the tag. I also cut a strip of white cardstock for the swinging doors. I ran one arch and the strip through my die cutting machine using the Woodgrain Embossing folder. I blended Distress Oxide ink in Old Paper and Vintage Photo to both of them and then splattered water over the top. I lifted droplets of ink using a paper towel to achieve the spotted, old look.

Both western friends were stamped in black, colored with Copics in browns, reds and blues and cut using the coordinating dies. I added a strip of cardstock at the bottom (extra strip from the doors) and attached it at the bottom of the tag for a wood floor to ground the partners. The cowboy/girl were attached over the floor.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Little Buckaroo Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Stitched Arch Dies, Woodgrain Embossing Folder)

I cut my woodgrain embossed cardstock strip in half and matched the cut edges at the middle of the tag front, covering the heads and top body portions of the characters. Both doors were folded and adhered to the back of the tag. The tag backing was attached over the raw edges to conceal them and finish the back nicely. I added dots of bronze Pearl Pen to the doors for handles and hinges.

I hand cut a sign, added graining to it using Copics and stamped the “Howdy” phrase from the set in black. I attached it at the top of the tag, added some hemp twine wrapped in a circular style to embellish the sign along with a few drops of bronze pearl pen in the corners to look like nail heads. A blue hang string at the top finishes this tag.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, 
BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Buckaroo Stamps
Little Buckaroo Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Buckaroo Dies
Little Buckaroo Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: