Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Spring Showers Cards with Leanne and Mindy

Hello friends, Leanne here! I'm happy to be sharing my first Sunny Studio blog post of 2020 by showcasing one of the cutest stamp sets from the new release. The Spring Showers set is right up my alley and I've used it to create a playful spring scene.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Showers Everyday Card by Leanne West

I started with the background which was already done for me. It's a pattern from the new Spring Fling Paper Pad. I trimmed it down about a quarter inch smaller than A2 size and adhered it flat to the card base. So quick and easy! I knew where I wanted to place the greeting from the Spring Showers set so I went ahead and stamped it in black ink directly onto the background.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Showers Everyday Card by Leanne West

I picked out two of the adorable kids and several supporting images from the Spring Showers set to Copic color. I adhered them onto the background with dimensional foam squares. For the kite string that the little boy is holding, I cut a very skinny strip of black card stock. I felt this was much easier to do and add than hand drawing a line. I hand drew in the butterfly trails to complete the scene. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello! It’s Mindy from My Creative Scoop. Today I’m sharing a fun card using the umbrellas from the new stamp set, Spring Showers along with the Spring Showers Coordinating Die Set. I’m also using the new Eyelet Lace Borders which I cut out in black, which really makes this card pop. The Fluffy Cloud Border Dies are from a previous release which goes perfect with this Spring Showers Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Showers Eyelet Lace Border Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Everyday Card by Mindy Baxter

I sponged my background using Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean and Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide inks. The rain is down freehand using a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Showers Eyelet Lace Border Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Everyday Card by Mindy Baxter

I’ve stamped my images in Memento Black Ink and stamped onto my Copic Xpress it Blending Card – which is my favorite paper to use when coloring with Copic Markers.

Panda – N0, N1, N3, N5, N7, R30, R32; Chick – Y21, Y26, Y28, YR04; Cow - N0, N1, N3, N5, N7, R30, R32, E11, E000, B00

I hope you feel inspired to create some new cards – this stamp set is perfect for Spring. Thank you so much stopping by. Have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Dies
Spring Showers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Eyelet Lace Borders
Eyelet Lace Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment