Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Border Dies Focused Cards by Leanne and Mindy

Hello everyone! Leanne here today. I live in Iowa where the winter days can often be overcast and gloomy. I find myself wanting to add lots of color to my cards to compensate for the lack of outside this time of year. So I have a very colorful rainbow card to share today. I've combined two new Sunny Studio products to create the rainbow which covers the length of my slimline card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eyelet Lace Border Dies Heartstring Border Dies Love Monkey Floating By Everyday Card by Leanne West

I used two different border dies. The scallop is from Eyelet Lace Borders and the hearts are from Heartstrings Borders. Now you could create your own rainbow ink blended card stock to die cut these borders out of, but you don't have to. It's already been done for you! I used a piece of patterned paper from the Spring Fling Paper Pad. It works out perfectly to die cut enough border strips to fill the front of the card. I alternated adhering the two border styles onto a separate panel and then trimmed narrower than the slimline card base which measures 8.5" tall by 3.5" wide.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eyelet Lace Border Dies Heartstring Border Dies Love Monkey Floating By Everyday Card by Leanne West

For the focal images on this card, I've used the balloon bouquet from Floating By and a monkey from Love Monkey. The monkey image is originally hanging from a vine.  After I die cut the monkey out, I simply fussy cut the vine part off. When I adhered the balloon bouquet to the monkey tail, it covers any odd lines left from the vine. I stamped the greeting, also from Floating By, in one of border gaps just below the monkey. For a bit of embellishment, I added some tiny clay heart confetti.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello! It’s Mindy from My Creative Scoop. Today I’m sharing a Valentine’s card set using the new Spring Showers Stamp set and the coordinating die set. I’m also using the new Heartstrings Border Die and created this Ombre effect, which I’ll share how in the video below.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eyelet Lace Border Dies Heartstring Border Dies Spring Showers Sweet Word Die Everyday Card by Mindy Baxter

I’ve stamped all my images onto my Copic Xpress it Blending card using Memento Black Ink. Copic colors used: Skin – E13, E11, E00, R32, R30; Hair – E43, E42, E41, E74; Dress and Shoes – R85, R81, RV10


I die cut 3 of the Sweet Word Die which and layered them all together so my sentiment is thicker and stands up off the card a little, the with love is also from the Spring Showers Stamp set – I just trimmed off the ‘you’. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eyelet Lace Border Dies Heartstring Border Dies Spring Showers Sweet Word Die Everyday Card by Mindy Baxter

These cards were so much fun and simple to create. I can’t wait to make more and change the ombre cardstock to rainbow! Thank you so much stopping by. Have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sweet Word Die
Sweet Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Floating By Stamps
Floating By Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Floating By Dies
Floating By Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Dies
Spring Showers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Eyelet Lace Borders
Eyelet Lace Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heartstrings Border Dies
Heartstrings Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: