Saturday, October 20, 2018

Guest Designer Spotlight: Christmas Cards with Leanne West

Hello everyone! Leanne West here with you today and I’m very excited to be sharing some cards I’ve made using the newest Sunny Studio release. This winter release is packed with so much variety. There’s cute and whimsical characters, fabulous stand-alone dies, and a beautiful layering set. I’ll be featuring a little of everything on my cards so let’s jump right in!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Trimmings Alpaca Holiday Warm & Cozy Woodland Borders Christmas Cards by Leanne West

For this first card I’ve used the Christmas Trimmings stamp set and coordinating dies to create a wreath. I stamped several of the layered holly leaves in two different color ways. To get a perfect circle of leaves, I adhered them to a narrow circle frame that gets completely hidden when all the leaves are added. I tucked in some of the berries and added a bit of chunky glitter to each holly leaf. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Trimmings Alpaca Holiday Warm & Cozy Woodland Borders Christmas Cards by Leanne West

Once completely assembled, I adhered the wreath to an A2 sized panel of card stock that I embossed using the Cable Knit embossing folder. This adds just enough interest to the background without being too distracting. I added a twine bow to the wreath and a few sequins to the background. Lastly I added a sentiment strip right along the bottom of the card embossed in silver. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Trimmings Alpaca Holiday Warm & Cozy Woodland Borders Christmas Cards by Leanne West

For this next card I played around with some of the dies in the Warm & Cozy stand-alone die set along with the pattern paper from the Holiday Cheer 6x6 paper pack. I used the mittens and hot cocoa mug for the focal point images. I die cut two ovals using the Stitched Ovals die. One I cut from white card stock and inked up with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I embossed a sentiment from the Alpaca Holiday stamp set in white.  



Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Trimmings Alpaca Holiday Warm & Cozy Woodland Borders Christmas Cards by Leanne West

I layered the two ovals with foam adhesive and added that on top of a wide strip of white card stock embossed with the Dapper Diamonds embossing folder. I cut two strips of the hot cocoa mug pattern paper to add to the top and bottom of the card. Lastly I tied some twine around the very top of the card.  



Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Trimmings Alpaca Holiday Warm & Cozy Woodland Borders Christmas Cards by Leanne West

For my last card, I wanted to create a snowy mountain scene using the Alpaca Holiday stamp set and coordinating dies. I colored all the images with Copic markers. I went with a pastel color palette and used some minty greens and pale rose pinks. To create the sky, I inked blended some Stormy Sky Distress Oxide ink onto a background panel and then splattered with white paint to give the look of snow. I die cut four snowy hills using the Woodland Borders dies.



Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Trimmings Alpaca Holiday Warm & Cozy Woodland Borders Christmas Cards by Leanne West

I used the largest oval die from the Stitched Ovals set to cut an opening for the scene from some pink snowflake pattern paper from the Holiday Cheer 6x6 paper pack. Once I had all my hills, alpacas, and mountains adhered. I was able to see where I had room for the sentiment, also from the Alpaca Holiday stamp set. I careful curved the stamps before stamping to follow the same curve of the oval frame. I added some snowflakes die cut from silver glitter paper. The smaller snowflake is from the Warm & Cozy die set and the larger snowflake is the current freebie with every order from Sunny Studio. Lastly, I added the scalloped frame which is from the Fancy Frame Rectangle dies.  


Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope I’ve given you a variety of ideas using these fun new products. I will be back next month to share another round of projects using stamps and dies from the winter release. Until then, happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dapper Diamonds Embossing
Dapper Diamonds Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cable Knit Embossing
Cable Knit Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Trimmings Stamps
Christmas Trimmings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Trimmings Dies
Christmas Trimmings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Alpaca Holiday Stamps
Alpaca Holiday Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Alpaca Holiday Dies
Alpaca Holiday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Warm & Cozy Dies
Warm & Cozy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

12 comments: