Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Puppy Parents Cards with Juliana and Angelica

Hello friends! It's Juliana Michaels here and today I'm sharing a birthday card featuring the Puppy Parents Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Sliding Window Dies Party Pups Puppy Themed Cards by Juliana Michaels

To get started, I took a piece of watercolor paper and randomly stamped images from the Puppy Parents Stamp Set to create my own background paper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Sliding Window Dies Party Pups Puppy Themed Cards by Juliana Michaels

I stamped them using Ranger Ink Grey Embossing Ink. This ink is colored so you can see where you are stamping! I then sprinkled the images with black embossing powder and heat set them with a heat gun.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Sliding Window Dies Party Pups Puppy Themed Cards by Juliana Michaels

Next, I colored the images using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I did some test coloring on my first attempt at the creating the background. You'd be surprised how many times I start something before I actually have the finished card to share with you!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Sliding Window Dies Party Pups Puppy Themed Cards by Juliana Michaels

Once the background was finished, I worked on the sentiment piece. I die cut a label from green cardstock using the stitched bracket label from the Sliding Window Die Set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Sliding Window Dies Party Pups Puppy Themed Cards by Juliana Michaels

I then stamped the phrase using a combination of stamps from the Puppy Parents Stamp Set and the Party Pups Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Sliding Window Dies Party Pups Puppy Themed Cards by Juliana Michaels

To finish off the card I tied on a black and white stitched ribbon. I then adhered everything to a piece of green patterned paper from the Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper Pad.

-----------------------------------------------------

Happy Tuesday friends! Angelica here, and today I'm sharing a card showcasing the adorable stamp set Puppy Parents.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Comic Strip Everyday Dies Puppy Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

My first step was stamping and coloring the images. I used the following Copic colors for the puppies and house: Puppies: E40, E42, E43, E44 for fur; E70, E71, E74, E77 for ears and face; House: R59, R29, R24, R22 for siding; N6, N8 for trim; N3, N1, N0 for door

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Comic Strip Everyday Dies Puppy Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

After coloring, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. Next, I die-cut an outdoor scene using dies from the Comic Strip Everyday Dies. I die-cut the grass and sun out of papers from the Gingham Pastels Paper Pack. The rest of the die cuts I used random pieces of card stock scraps. I cut the clouds out of two different greens to make a bush behind the doghouse.

To assemble the card, I started by ink-blending Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled glass Distress Oxide inks onto a white card stock panel. I glued three layers of grass to the bottom, using both sides of the Gingham Pastels paper for different textures. I glued the tree and bushes on, then added the rest of the images with thin adhesive squares. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Parents Comic Strip Everyday Dies Puppy Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

I picked out words from the stamp set to make the sentiment, and stamped them onto black card stock with embossing ink. I heat embossed with white embossing powder before trimming each word down to their own block. After adding the words to the card front, I attached the panel to red card stock, then backed it with craft foam. My last step was adding it to an A2 size card base.

That's all that I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Party Pups Stamps
Party Pups Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Party Pups Dies
Party Pups Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Puppy Parents Stamps
Puppy Parents Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Puppy Parents Dies
Puppy Parents Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. I am inspired by your card ideas. I love the statement "You'd be surprised how many times I start something before I actually have the finished card to share with you!" ….So comforting to know as it always looks so simple and straight forward in demos/vids. Keep up the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete