Thursday, December 8, 2022

Winter Wreaths with Marine and Waleska

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, super happy to be back with this new shaker card showcasing the beautiful Winter Wreaths stamp set. As very often I went for non-traditional colors, and I started off by stamping the wreath using blue ink. I used blue shades to stamp the poinsettias, and a light grey ink to stamp the bow. And I added embossed details in silver on those elements to bring some shine.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Wreaths Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies, Holiday Greetings)

Next I created the window. I cut a white Comic Strip Speech Bubble panel, a second one out of scrap paper, and an acetate panel. I temporarily taped the second frame to the acetate panel, and used white ink along with a sponge dauber to create a frosty look on the acetate. And I also added splatters of that same white ink all over the acetate.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Wreaths Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies, Holiday Greetings)

Next I worked on the shaker panel. I first attached the white frame to the acetate using double sided tape. At the back of the panel, I added foam strips on the four edges and on the slim strips as well. I made the inside foam edges non sticky using my powder tool, added White Snowflake Confetti and iridescent confetti inside each small window, and closed the shaker panel using a pattern paper from the Very Merry paper pack.

I heat embossed my "Happy Holidays" greeting from Holiday Greetings in silver on black cardstock, cut it using the coordinating die and attached it below the wreath using foam squares. And finally I added a few clear droplets here and there to bring more shine to the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Wreaths Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies, Holiday Greetings)

And that's it, this is the final result and I hope you like it. As always, you are welcome to check the process video for more details (click on the image above). Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next time.

-------------------------------------------------

Hello there, Waleska here. Today I have card inspiration for you with two of my favorite elements, rainbow colors and inks! This colorful card is just so happy and bright I hope you like it!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Wreaths Holiday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Gingerbread House Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)


For this card I started by creating the inky background I used some of my favorite Oxide Ink colors on Nina Solar White cardstock. The colors I used are Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet. I added water splashes to this panel to add interest and for some shine I added glitter watercolor too. I then stamped the wreath from 
Winter Wreaths, I used the pine bough with white embossing powder and I inked it with the same colors I used for the background panel, I cut the wreath with the coordinating die and I adhere it to the center of my front panel.

I stamped the beautiful layered bow that comes in the stamp set trying to match the colors I previously used. I used Spectrum Noir Inks in tones: Red: bordeaux, orange and Chinese red; Yellow: honey pot, lemon tonic and straw bale; Purple: damson wine, crushed velvet and pale fig; Aqua: Lagoon, parakeet and Oasis. I love the 3D look of this bow.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Wreaths Holiday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Gingerbread House Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

I cut some peppermint candies from the Gingerbread House dies and I started decorating the wreath with all this elements. Finally I added a frame from the Fancy Frame Rectangle dies with white cardstock and stamped the sentiment from the Jolly Gingerbread stamp set. Super fun and colorful card, thank you so much for stopping by, have a wonderful rest of your day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Gingerbread House Dies
Gingerbread House Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Jolly Gingerbread Stamps
Jolly Gingerbread Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Dies
Holiday Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Wreaths Stamps
Winter Wreaths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Wreaths Dies
Winter Wreaths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment