Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Penguin Party Cards with Alma and Marie

Hello my dears. It's Alma here and today I want to show you a card with the super sweet Penguin Party Stamps I chose a rectangle format for the card and I die-cut three windows with the Wonky Windows Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps Penguin Party, Wonky Windows & Winter Greenery Handmade Holiday Christmas Card with Alma Stork

Then I stamped the three penguins with the gifts from the Penguin Party Stamps and die-cut them with the Penguin Party Dies. After that I coloured them with Copics. Then I glued the cardstock with the windows on the red striped paper from the Joyful Holiday Paper . Then I added snowflakes with the white gel pen. Then I die-cutted green leaves with the Winter Greenery Dies and glued them together with the penguins on the cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps Penguin Party, Wonky Windows & Winter Greenery Handmade Holiday Christmas Card with Alma Stork

-----------------------------------------

Hi Crafty Friends! Marie here. Happy December! Christmas is finally in the air! I'm sure we are all busier now more than ever trying to create as many cards as possible before the Holiday deadline. I know I am! So for this  week's card inspiration,  I am sharing a super simple and festive box card featuring Sunny Studio's Penguin Party Stamps and the Holiday Greetings Stamps. This happy little box card is sure to bring smiles to your friends and loved ones  and will make such a cute display piece this Christmas! 

Sunny Studio Stamps Penguin Party Pop-up Box Holiday Christmas Card with Marie Marco

To start off,  I die cut all the elements of my interactive box card using the Lawn Fawn scalloped box card- pop up die. For this, I used Bristol smooth cardstock paper for easy ink blending. Once I had all my box card panels, I cut off all the box flaps so that the only thing left is a box. I then took an arched dome shaped nesting die to create my background panel. I used bristol smooth cardstock for this also. I then ink blended the outside of my box, and all four snow drift panels using Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink followed by Uncharted Mariner Distress Ink. For the Domed Background panel, I used a cloud stencil to create some soft clouds using Speckled Egg Distress oxide Ink and Uncharted Mariner Distress ink for all the edges.  Before putting together the box, I used a watered down acrylic paint to splatter on some snow texture to the outside of the box, the snowdrift panels, and the background panel. 

Sunny Studio Stamps Penguin Party Pop-up Box Holiday Christmas Card with Marie Marco

After putting together the box, using double sided adhesive tape and Bearly Art Craft Glue, I stamped out all my images from the Penguin Party Stamp and Christmas Tree from the Cozy Christmas Stamp onto watercolor paper using Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I then used the Penguin Party Dies and Cozy Christmas Dies to cut out all the images. 

I stamped out the beautiful "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the Holiday Greetings Stamps using Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink. I cut out the sentiment using the corresponding Holiday Greetings Dies. To add a little bit of dimension to the Merry Christmas greeting, I die cut the greeting 2 more times and layered the pieces together so I could create height without using foam tape.  I  played around with my image placement but before adhering my images I  reinforced all of them using a thin strip of 110 lb cardstock which I glued to the back of each image and then adhered them to the snow drifts. Doing this ensures that they will be strong enough to stand on their own.  For my finishing touch, I added a few die cut stars to the background and made them sparkle with Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue. 

Sunny Studio Stamps Penguin Party Pop-up Box Holiday Christmas Card with Marie Marco

And that does it for this week's Holiday Card Inspiration! Thank you so much for joining me today!! I wish you all a very Happy Card-crafting Week!!! 

1 comment:

  1. These are both amazing - fabulous! I love them. I am especially impressed w/ the watercolored coloring on card #2. Wow! If I tried to do that, it would probably turn into a hot mess. Your work is gorgeous, ladies!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete