Thursday, December 15, 2022

Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Cards with Waleska and Marine

Hello Friends, Waleska here with you. Welcome back to the Sunny Studio Blog for more holiday card inspiration. My card today features the beautiful Joyful Holiday Christmas 6 x 6 paper pad along with a bunch of cute penguins from the Penguin Party Stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday Card by Waleska Galindo

When I used pattern paper on a card I like to first decide the patterns I will use, and based on those I choose the colors I will use for the rest of my card. I wanted to create a card full of penguins enjoying the Christmas winter weather. I stamped almost all of the penguins from the set and colored them trying to match the colors of the pattern paper, I then fussy cut them and started planning my scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday Card by Waleska Galindo

I cut a dome in the center of the front panel and adhered the snowflake paper as the background for the scene and added a snowbank for the penguins. I staked the penguins to the left of the scene and added a last penguin carrying all the presents I finally stamped the sentiment form the Jolly Gingerbread stamps and finally added some iridescent snowflakes.

How much fun they are having? A lot I think! Remember to use your pattern paper more, I need to remember that more often! Thank you so much for stopping by have a great weekend!

-------------------------------------------

Hi crafty friends! Marine here with you today, back with more inspiration showcasing some of the Fall & Winter 2022 products, as well as some older sets. I mixed & matched a lot of images, and used papers from the Joyful Holiday paper pack to set a cute & fun interactive scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Cozy Christmas, Santa Claus Lane, North Pole)

I started off by stamping the images on white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. These are the sets I picked my images from:

Reindeer Games - four reindeers
Cozy Christmas - Christmas tree & present
Holiday Express - tree
Santa Claus Lane - presents, sack & stocking
North Pole - north pole sign & two elves

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Cozy Christmas, Santa Claus Lane, North Pole)

Next I moved on to the interactive feature. I cut all the different panels using some of the gorgeous Joyful Holiday papers, and built the card (the whole process is included in the video so feel welcome to check it out!) To make the sky I picked a multicolored dotted pattern paper, and to make the snowy ground, I picked a white & light grey gingham pattern paper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Cozy Christmas, Santa Claus Lane, North Pole)

Once the interactive panel was done, I attached the images, and then I layered some panels to create the card base: I stuck a 5,5" x 4,25" red Joyful Holiday panel on a card base, next a white woodgrain panel on top, and then a soft pink panel on top, and finally I attached my interactive panel using foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Cozy Christmas, Santa Claus Lane, North Pole)

I also cut the handles out of a green gingham Joyful Holiday paper, and attached them on both sides of the card, and then I worked on my greeting. I white heat embossed the banner from Little Birdie on vellum, as well as my "Merry Christmas" greeting from Bear Hugs inside the banner, cut it using the coordinating die, and then attached it below the Christmas tree using clear foam squares. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Cozy Christmas, Santa Claus Lane, North Pole)

And last but not least, I added a dot of glossy accents on each light in the Christmas tree to make them pop & shine.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Cozy Christmas, Santa Claus Lane, North Pole)

And that's it! Love how new & older Sunny Studio's images can match perfectly to create the cutest little scenes! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Dies
Holiday Express Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Jolly Gingerbread Stamps
Jolly Gingerbread Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Stamps
North Pole Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Dies
North Pole Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are both amazing - WONDERFUL cards, both!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete