Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Spring Scenes Cards with Leanne and Mindy

Hello everyone! Leanne here and I have a colorful Easter card to share today. I used Spring Scenes and one of my favorite Easter stamp sets, Chubby Bunny, to create this cheerful card. I wanted this scene to have the look and feel of a festive Easter egg hunt out in a grassy meadow. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Chubby Bunny Fluffy Cloud Border Dies Happy Easter Cards by Leanne West

I started with an A2 size white card base. I created the sky on the top half of the card front with a homemade stencil and some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. I used the Fluffy Clouds Border dies to make the stencil. Next was to create the look of a grassy meadow. I used the fence and trees from the Spring Scenes stamp set. These are such great images to help create depth and interest.  

The fence die from Spring Scenes only cuts the top so the grass area below the fence can be as deep as you need. After die cutting, I trimmed this piece to fit my A2 card base. I then masked off the fence and used the ink blending method to color the grass area. That shade of green is a combo of Lucky Clover and Twisted Citron Oxide inks.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Chubby Bunny Fluffy Cloud Border Dies Happy Easter Cards by Leanne West

Next was building the egg hunt part of the scene. I added in all the sweet Easter images which come from Chubby Bunny. For the greeting I used the Happy Easter banner, also from Chubby Bunny. I wanted it to look as if it's hanging over the scene so I hand drew lines that extend to the edges of the card. I also hand drew in the dashed lines for the butterfly trail. I little detail I always like to add with any small flying critter. That completes my card. Thanks for stopping by today!  

-----------------------------------------------

Hello! It’s Mindy from My Creative ScoopI’m using the Spring Scene Stamps and dies to create this cute Easter Card. I’m also using the Chickie Baby Stamps and Dies and the Fancy Frames Rectangles.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Chickie Baby Fancy Frame Dies Happy Easter Card by Mindy Baxter

I’ve stamped my images in Memento Black Ink and stamped onto my Copic Xpress it Blending Card – which is my favorite paper to use when coloring with Copic Markers – which is what I colored my images with.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Chickie Baby Fancy Frame Dies Happy Easter Card by Mindy Baxter

The teal sky I’ve actually used my Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink – which looks awesome against that Happy Easter sentiment. I decided to cover my entire card base with the teal flower patterned paper from the Flirty Flowers Paper Pack.

Thank you so much stopping by. Have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chubby Bunny Stamps
Chubby Bunny Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chubby Bunny Dies
Chubby Bunny Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Stamps
Chickie Baby Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Dies
Chickie Baby Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Stamps
Spring Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Dies
Spring Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment