Friday, March 6, 2020

Prancing Pegasus Cards with Juliana and Candice

Hello Sunny Studio friends! It's Juliana here and today I'm sharing a rainbow themed card featuring the adorable Prancing Pegasus Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Fluffy Cloud Border Dies Stitched Oval Dies Over The Rainbow Everyday Card by Juliana Michaels

To get started I began by creating the background. I took the Fluffy Clouds Border Dies and cut each one from a piece of white cardstock and used them as a mask. While holding the mask in place on a piece of Bristol Paper, I used a foam blending tool to apply Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink. I tapped off the excess ink on my craft mat and then applied it darker closer to the edge of the mask and then went lighter as I moved up from it. I repeated this until the background paper was covered with fluffy clouds. I then took one of the die cut clouds and inked just the top edge. I then trimmed this to fit the bottom of the card panel and I later added the sentiment to this area.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Fluffy Cloud Border Dies Stitched Oval Dies Over The Rainbow Everyday Card by Juliana Michaels

For the rainbow, I used the Stitched Oval Dies and used them to cut ovals from five different colors of patterned paper from the Spring Fling 6x6 Paper Pad. I then stacked the ovals and adhered all of the layers together. Next, I took the smallest oval die, lined it up in the center and cut through all of the layers. I cut this in half and then I had a rainbow!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Fluffy Cloud Border Dies Stitched Oval Dies Over The Rainbow Everyday Card by Juliana Michaels

Next for the adorable pegasus from the Prancing Pegasus Stamp Set. I colored her with Copic Markers and then die cut her using the coordinating Prancing Pegasus Die SetAs I mentioned earlier, I added the sentiment to the bottom cloud section. Here I used the Rainbow Word Die and the Over The Rainbow Stamp Set.

I hope you enjoyed learning how this card came together and how I used the Stitched Oval Dies to create the rainbow on this Prancing Pegasus card. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Candice back with you today! I think it is an unwritten rule that unicorns (and pegasus) have to go with rainbows and of course I had to use them together for my card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Fluffy Cloud Border Dies Frilly Frame Dies Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

I used a few Sunny Studio Stamps products for my pastel card:

I began my card by making an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base which fits nicely into a standard size envelope. For the background, I first created my slimline frame with the Frilly Frames Polka-Dot die using the partial die cutting method. I then taped off the scalloped edges and inked with Tattered Rose & Milled Lavender Oxides.

Next, I used my Cameo Silhouette to die cut the rainbow from shimmer pastel papers and die cut the clouds, one from vellum and one from thick white cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment with black Versafine and Tattered rose.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Fluffy Cloud Border Dies Frilly Frame Dies Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

I stamped the pegasus and stars, colored with light Copic markers, and die cut using the coordinating dies. To put it all together, I used foam tape to raise the rainbow, clouds and images and added some sparkle with Wink of Stella to the stars and wings. I finished it by adding some Nuvo drops in rainbow and some white pearls.

Thank you for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Over The Rainbow Stamps
Over The Rainbow Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Word Die
Rainbow Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Prancing Pegasus Stamps
Prancing Pegasus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Prancing Pegasus Dies
Prancing Pegasus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment