Saturday, March 7, 2020

Guest Designer Spotlight: Enchanted Cards with Nicky Meek

Hi! It's Nicky Meek back with you today as a guest designer for Sunny Studios and I've been playing with the Enchanted stamp set and coordinating dies. I have TWO cards today using the set, so do keep scrolling!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Enchanted Frilly Frame Dies Fairy tale Themed Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

This first card uses the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die. I die cut a panel of white cardstock and backed it with foam tape and set it to one side. I took another panel of white cardstock and using a cloud stencil from my stash I ink blended clouds using Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Tattered Rose. I edged the panel with more of the Tumbled Glass and applied it to a 110lb white cardstock base. I then ink blended a little focal point on the eyelet die cut using more of the Tumbled Glass and layered it over the cloud stencil background. When the card is handled you can see the clouds through the little openings of the pattern.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Enchanted Frilly Frame Dies Fairy tale Themed Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

On Copic friendly cardstock the images from Enchanted were stamped using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa. They were coloured with Copic markers (choosing colours that worked with the clouds in blue and pink background) then die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the card base. Cheeks were highlighted with a white gel pen.

The sentiment was stamped on a strip of cardstock and attached with foam tape and I chose some sparkling clear sequins for a magical finishing twinkle.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Enchanted Frilly Frame Dies Fairy tale Themed Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

My second card with Enchanted uses different characters from the stamp set. I ink blended a panel of cardstock using Distress Ink in Tattered Rose. I splashed it with water and blotted it up for a distressed look. I die cut the clouds from the Spring Showers stamp set and ink blended the edges using Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass and either attached them directly to the panel or some were popped up on some on foam tape.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the images again using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa, Copic coloured and die cut the images and backed them with foam tape and applied them to the scene, tucking the castle into the clouds.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Enchanted Frilly Frame Dies Fairy tale Themed Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

I placed the panel into my Misti to ensure I could double stamp the sentiment clearly and I decided to pop up some of it on a strip of cardstock to that it sat nicely with the dimension of the card. I attached the panel to a 110lb white cardstock base and highlighted the cheeks with a white gel pen.

I appreciate you stopping by today to read - happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Enchanted Stamps
Enchanted Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Enchanted Dies
Enchanted Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment