Thursday, December 13, 2018

Happy Owlidays Non-Traditional Colored Christmas Card with Vanessa

Hi everybody! Vanessa here today with a cute Christmas card using Happy Owlidays. For this card, I picked non-traditional colors.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Owlidays Fancy Frames Dies Non-Traditional Colored Christmas Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I started with a panel of white cardstock and stamped the images, masking off the previously stamped images before stamping the next. Then I masked a snow hill shape at the bottom and applied purple and yellow Distress Oxide inks with an ink blending tool. I applied droplets of white and purple paint and removed the masks, after which I used the Autumn Splendor stamp set for the trees.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Owlidays Fancy Frames Dies Non-Traditional Colored Christmas Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Now I colored the images with Copics and added details with a white gel pen. After I had stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment, I die-cut the large Fancy Frame Rectangle from white cardstock, adhered it to my card base and added the panel to the card.

How do you prefer your Christmas cards? Are you receptive to non-traditional colors? Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Autumn Splendor Stamps
Autumn Splendor Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Owlidays Stamps
Happy Owlidays Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Owlidays Dies
Happy Owlidays Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. So so cute! I can't wait to see what u have been working on for the next release!!! I have so many good ideas about what it could be....������

    ReplyDelete