Monday, February 10, 2020

Floating By Cards with Lynn and Ashley

Hey everyone, it's Lynn here with a card featuring the Floating By stamp set and coordinating dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Floating By Sunny Sentiments Frilly Frame Dies Spring Showers Birthday Card by Lynn Put

To create my card I used the fun new Floating By stamp set and coordinating Floating By dies. I started out with a white card base then die cut a piece of rainbow colored paper from the Spring Fling paper pack using the Frilly Frames Retro Petals dies. Next I stamped the balloon image from the Floating By stamp set and colored the balloons using Copic markers and die cut them out. 

The die cuts only the balloons and not the strings which is great because once you add foam tape to the balloons it really gives the illusion that they’re floating. After that, I stamped the little boy and clouds from the new Spring Showers stamp set, colored them and die cut them out using the Spring Showers dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Floating By Sunny Sentiments Frilly Frame Dies Spring Showers Birthday Card by Lynn Put

Once that was done I die cut a stitched rectangle from white card stock and using the cloud die from the Sunny Sentiments dies as a stencil, I blended on some Tumbled glass Distress Oxide ink giving my rectangle panel a soft sky look. Next I stamped my sentiment and the balloon image then adhered a pink card stock mat to my rectangle panel and added the clouds, using foam tape I added the little boy and my popped up rainbow cluster of balloons.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Ashley with a bright and happy birthday card! The new Floating By stamps are so perfect for birthday cards. And using the balloon bunch with other stamps is a great way to stretch your stash! I combined them with Christmas stamps for this card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Floating By Fancy Frame Dies Merry Mice Birthday Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by blending a small piece of white cardstock with Hero Arts inks in Cornflower and Soft Pool. I used the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies to make a small white frame and added it to a piece of blue ray paper from the Spring Sunburst paper pad cut to A2 size.

I stamped three sets of balloons from Floating By in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and colored with Copics before cutting them out with the matching die. I grabbed the Merry Mice set from the winter release and decided to give those mice some birthday fun! I stamped the mice and several pieces of cheese in Jet Black and colored with Copics. I arranged all my stamped images in the center of the framed piece.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Floating By Fancy Frame Dies Merry Mice Birthday Card by Ashley Ebben

To finish, I combined sentiments from Merry Mice and Floating By to make my own. I stamped this with VersaMark ink on black cardstock and embossed with white. I popped the sentiment strip up with a strip of foam tape for a bit of dimension.

Aren't these little mice so cute having their party? You would never know they came from a Christmas set! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a mice day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sunny Sentiments Dies
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Dies
Merry Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Floating By Stamps
Floating By Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Floating By Dies
Floating By Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Dies
Spring Showers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment