Saturday, August 17, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Keeway Tsao

Hi there! It’s Keeway from Kiwi Koncepts and I’m excited to be here today to share with you some inspirations from the Fall 2019 Release! This release packed full of various fun themes.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Cityscape Border Dies Love Monkey Birthday Card by Keeway Tsao

Let’s start with the mini stamp set called Cruising Critters. These car is packed full with the cutest critters! I stamped the image in a dark brown hybrid ink and colored them with Copic markers. I also borrowed some extra images from Love Monkey to add some balloons and a floral bouquet to the mix. The image was then fussy cut out, but coordinating Cruising Critter dies and Love Monkey dies are available.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Cityscape Border Dies Love Monkey Birthday Card by Keeway Tsao

To create the city scene, I used the new Cityscape Border Die. I die cut the cityscape twice out of a blue card stock. On one of the die cuts, I gently blended white pigment ink from the top down. For the other die cut, I gently blended Faded Jeans distress oxide from the bottom up. This gave me the variations in color to get more contrast in layering them.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Cityscape Border Dies Love Monkey Birthday Card by Keeway Tsao

My background was ink blended with Broken China and Antique Linen for the top half and Ground Espresso for the bottom half. The sentiment was heat embossed in white near the top center.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Card by Keeway Tsao

Now let’s move up to the skies! For my next card I used the Plane Awesome stamps. I love how I have so many choices to on a pilot for the plane. I stamped the plane twice and picked out the dog and bear as my pilots. I also stamped two banners with my sentiment across them. These images were color with Copic markers and then die cut with their coordinating dies.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Card by Keeway Tsao

I created a cloudy background with a stencil and Broken China distress oxide inks. If you don’t have a cloud stencil, you can also easily create your own with the Fluffy Clouds Border Dies and a piece of acetate (or paper if you plan to just throw it away afterwards).

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Card by Keeway Tsao

For extra dimension, I also die cut some stitched clouds using the Fluffy Clouds Die. I gently blended the bottom of each with Broken China distress oxide inks. The clouds and images were then added last with foam tape to complete the card.

Thanks for joining me today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Stamps
Cruising Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Dies
Cruising Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Stamps
Plane Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Dies
Plane Awesome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cityscape Border Dies
Cityscape Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment