Thursday, June 18, 2020

Radiant Plumeria Cards with Vanessa and Anja

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a square-sized summer card using Radiant Plumeria. I love the tropical leaves in this set and wanted to create a pretty background for a summery card:

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Fabulous Flamingos Summer Themed Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I created a square card base from white cardstock and stamped the leaves around the edges, using Hero Arts Shadow Ink Green Fields, Tsukineko Bamboo Leaves and FSJ Kiwi Slice. Then I stamped the images from Fabulous Flamingos onto white cardstock, colored them with Copics, die-cut the elements with the matching dies and adhered them to the card with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Fabulous Flamingos Summer Themed Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Now I stamped the "summer" onto white cardstock, fussy-cut the word and adhered it. I stamped and heat-embossed the "greetings" onto a strip of black cardstock and added it underneath the "summer". Finally, I adhered green Rainbow Droplets.

I hope you are enjoying summery weather already! We are currently drowning in rain. Thanks for visiting!

----------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, Anja here today with a tropical summer card showcasing the beautiful Radiant Plumeria layering stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Frilly Frame Dies Summer Themed Card by Anja Bytyqi

First, I worked on the background by cutting the Frilly Frames Herringbone Die from heavyweight cardstock to create my own stencil. I mixed some white embossing paste with the Distress Oxide colors Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers. I temporarily adhered the stencil over a piece of white cardstock and partially applied the paste through it. I tried to blend the colors with the spatula and carefully removed the stencil. I added some ink splatters with a paint brush and set the panel away to dry.

Next, I stamped the plumeria blossoms and leaves using dye inks (find the ink colors below) and used the coordinating dies to cut everything out. I did some ombré stamping on the word 'Summer' (which I fussy cut) and clear embossed it as well as the word 'hello'.

Altenew Dye Inks used – Plumerias: Cotton Candy, Pinkalicious, Buttercream, Mango Smoothie, Sunkissed, Autumn Blaze; Leaves: Sweet Leaf, Just Green, MFT Field Day; Monstera Leaf: Just Green, MFT Field Day, Evergreen; Summer sentiment: Pinkalicious, Rubellite, Razzleberry

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Frilly Frame Dies Summer Themed Card by Anja Bytyqi

I assembled my card by putting the stenciled background panel on an A2 aqua card base. I used double-sided tape and foam squares to adhere the stamped images and the sentiment. Finally, I embellished the card with three pink enamel dots and added a bit of Platinum Stickles to the plumeria centers.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a gorgeous day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Love how creative you are!!! Thank you for sharing on how you make your own stencil 💜

    ReplyDelete