Friday, June 26, 2020

Herringbone Frame Focused Cards with Rachel and Candice

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here and I am sharing a birthday card today that features the Frilly Frames Herringbone Die Set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Fancy Frame Dies Love Monkey Tropical Scenes Birthday Cards by Rachel Alvarado

I combined this set with the Frilly Frames Hexagon Die Set because I wanted a scalloped edge to go with my design. I used images from both the Love Monkey and Tropical Scenes Stamp Sets. All of my images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Fancy Frame Dies Love Monkey Tropical Scenes Birthday Cards by Rachel Alvarado

For my background, I blended some Antique Linen, Twisted Citron, and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered this blend with both water and diluted white, green, and brown paints for some added interest. To create my circle frame in the center, I used a basic circle die to cut a circle in the top center of my herringbone design and then used the Fancy Frame Circle Die Set to cut a scalloped circular frame from white card stock. Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment (from both the Love Monkey and Savanna Safari stamp sets) onto a strip of black card stock using Fine Detail White Embossing Powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

------------------------------------------------------

Hello my crafty friends! Candice back today with you sharing a card using the Frilly Frames Herringbone Frame as a stencil!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Cruising Critters Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

I used a few Sunny Studio products to create my card:
For the background, I trimmed a piece of pattern paper from the Spring Fling Pack to fit my card base of 5 x 6 1/2. I then die cut a stitched frame from thick black cardstock with a strip fitting into the bottom for the road.

I die cut the herringbone from sturdy cardstock and used this as my stencil to create the brick wall background. I taped the herringbone stencil over Bristol Smooth paper and inked with tea dye & antique linen, fading as I went up.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Cruising Critters Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I stamp the car full of cuties, colored them with copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. To put the card together, I glued the stenciled background into the frame and added the road along the bottom, using a white gel pen to add the lines. I then adhered the car with foam tape and stamped the sentiment in the top corner with Versafine black ink. I added a few droplets to finish the card!

Thank you so much for visiting today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Stamps
Cruising Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Dies
Cruising Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Savanna Safari Stamps
Savanna Safari Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment