Monday, June 8, 2020

Radiant Plumeria Cards with Lynn and Ashley

Hi there! It’s Lynn here and today I’m sharing a fun tropical summer card I created featuring the new Radiant Plumeria stamp set and coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Sun Ray Dies Summer Themed Everyday Card by Lynn Put

To create my card, I started out by stamping a bunch of the images from the Radiant Plumeria stamp set and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out. Most of the images from this set are multi step stamping to give each stamped image wonderful detail. I used Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz and Daffodil Delight inks for the flowers and Limeade Ice and New Leaf for the leaves.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Sun Ray Dies Summer Themed Everyday Card by Lynn Put

To create my background I used the Sun Ray dies and a rectangle die to created my own stencil and then blended on Scattered Straw and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks. Before stamping my sentiment I used my heat tool to make sure my blended background was completely dry and then using my Misti tool, I stamped my sentiment in black ink. 

Once my background was done, I adhered my tropical flowers and leaves popping up two of the flowers with foam tape. I also added a few pink Iridescent Pastel Confetti for a bit of sparkle.

--------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! It's Ashley with a fun summer card featuring the Radiant Plumeria set! I love the tropical feel you get from a card full of plumeria flowers! The way the set is created even lets you easily stamp two-color blossoms! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Frilly Frame Dies Sunshine Word Die Kinsley Alphabet Summer Themed Everyday Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by blending some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink onto the edges of light blue cardstock, letting it fade towards the center. Blending Oxide ink onto colored cardstock is an easy way to get a nice blend with only one color of ink! I die cut this piece using the scalloped frame from Frilly Frames Stripes and added it to a piece of pink tropical flower paper from the Summer Splash paper pad.

I used the Radiant Plumeria stamp set and my Misti to stamp several flowers and leaves onto white cardstock. I am a rookie with layered stamps, but I am loving the Pinkfresh Studio cube ink sets to get a good gradation of color. For the flowers, I used the Rise and Shine (yellow) and Fairy Dust (pink) sets. For the leaves, I used the Over the Hills (green) set. I then cut all of my stamped images out with the matching dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Frilly Frame Dies Sunshine Word Die Kinsley Alphabet Summer Themed Everyday Card by Ashley Ebben

I arranged all the leaves and flowers onto my card front, popping a few up with foam tape for dimension. I used the Sunshine Word die three times on dark blue cardstock and glued it in a stack for a thick sentiment. Since plumerias always make me think of Hawaii, I used the Kinsley Alphabet set to spell "aloha", stamped it in VersaMark onto the same dark blue cardstock, and embossed with white. I popped this strip up with foam tape too. For a finishing touch, I added bright blue jewels around the card for sparkle.

I love how bright and summery this card turned out! It makes me wish for beaches and tropical drinks! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sun Ray Dies
Sun Ray Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunshine Word Die
Sunshine Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kinsley Alphabet Stamps
Kinsley Alphabet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful cards! Now u are making me want this stamp set too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine for always being so sweet. It's a fun one. :)

      Delete