Saturday, June 27, 2020

Guest Designer Spotlight: Sealiously Sweet Cards with Keeway Tsao

Hello friends! It’s Keeway Tsao from Kiwi Koncepts and I’ll be sharing some summer inspirations with you today. This year has been tough for all of us and never before I have I be so thankful to have this hobby to help me stay sane indoors and continue to reach out to my friends and family through cardmaking!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Summer Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

My projects will be focused on the recent summer release, particularly the Sealiously Sweet stamps! These adorable seals caught my eye immediately and I can’t get enough of them. I colored the entire set with Copic markers and die cut them with the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Summer Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

I also used the Tropical Scenes stamps to help me set this fun tropical scene for my adorable seals. I did some simple ink blending with distress oxide inks to give it that oceanic look and then I stamped my sentiment in the top right corner.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Summer Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

I added my colored island onto the card and then all the different seals for this fun, tropical party! Don’t you just want to jump in and party with them?

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Stitched Arch Dies Summer Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

This next card uses the remaining seals and accessories that didn’t quite make it to the first card! This time, I decided to go for an oceanic shaker card. I used the Stitched Arch dies and Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 paper to create my frame and added a layer of acetate sheet behind it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Stitched Arch Dies Summer Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

I created a simple backdrop with ink blending again and lightly splattered it with water and paint. I added some layers of foam tape around for the shaker frame and added lots of iridescent blue, green, and clear sequin into the area to give it that ocean sparkle. I then added my frame to close off the shaker area.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Stitched Arch Dies Summer Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

I usually like to shake the card at this point a couple times to make sure I had a good “seal” around the card so that sequins aren’t falling out. Then, at last, I can add the rest of my images to the card with foam tape.

I hope you enjoy today’s inspiration. Have a lovely summer!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment