Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Tea-riffic Cards with Leanne and Ana

Hello crafters, Leanne here! I'm excited to start sharing what I've been working on using the newest release. For today's project, I've made a Mother's Day card featuring the sweet images from Tea-riffic

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tea-riffic Background Basics Frilly Frame Dies Stitched Oval Dies Mother's Day Card by Leanne West

I started by stamping out and Copic coloring the tea cup and tea pot from Tea-riffic. I also stamped out several tiny flowers and leaves which can be found in the Backyard Bugs stamp set.  

Copic colors used for the tea cup and pot are BV01, BV02, BV04. Colors used for the flowers and leaves are RV52, RV55, YG11, YG17.

Next I applied some Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink with a blending brush to the center of an A2 sized card. I stamped a strip of white card stock with the gingham stamp from Background Basics using some bright green ink. This gingham piece will serve as a table cloth. I positioned the gingham strip towards the bottom half of the card front. I arranged the colored images as if they were sitting on the table. Once I had my images in place, I could stamp the greeting right above them. The word stamps to build this greeting come from the Tea-riffic set.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tea-riffic Background Basics Frilly Frame Dies Stitched Oval Dies Mother's Day Card by Leanne West

To complete the card I created a custom frame. I covered a panel of white card stock with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink. I spattered the inked panel with water and thinned pink paint. To give the panel a scalloped edge, I used a die from the Frilly Frames Hexagon set. To make the opening, I used the second largest die from the Stitched Oval set. Lastly, I adhered the frame onto the card front with adhesive foam tape. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi crafty friends! Ana here today with a sweet Mother’s Day card showcasing brand new Tea-riffic stamps and dies. As soon as I saw this beautiful stamp set, it made me think of England and I wanted nothing more than to create a beautiful card that has a feel of English afternoon tea time, with fine china and delicate lace.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tea-riffic Background Basics Frilly Frame Dies Heartstring Border Dies Mother's Day Card by Ana Anderson

I stamped the images from Tea-riffic set with very light blue ink for no line Copic coloring. I used BV04, BV13, BV02, BV31 markers to color both images, then free-handed a floral pattern on both teapot and cup and die cut with coordinating dies.

I created the floral pattern for the bottom part of my card by stamping a little flower (from Chickie Baby stamp set) in same light blue ink and coloring each flower with BV markers. I added dots in three different sizes to fill in the space between the flowers.
I used Heartstring Border dies to die cut heart borders, colored the pierced one with markers, then layered white border and hearts on top.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tea-riffic Background Basics Frilly Frame Dies Heartstring Border Dies Mother's Day Card by Ana Anderson

For my background scalloped mat, I used Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die and colored it with the same BV markers. I stamped the sentiment (from Tea-riffic set) with dark gray ink, trimmed it into a strip and assembled my card popping the teapot, cut and the sentiment with foam tape.

I just love how this card turned out and I really hope you like it too and that you got inspired. Thank you so much for spending some time with us today – I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Backyard Bugs Dies
Backyard Bugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Backyard Bugs Stamps
Backyard Bugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Background Basics Stamps
Background Basics Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Stamps
Chickie Baby Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heartstrings Border Dies
Heartstrings Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tea-riffic Stamps
Tea-riffic Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tea-riffic Dies
Tea-riffic Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Loving these cards, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely palette on the first card and the second exudes such vintage charm!

    ReplyDelete