Friday, April 17, 2020

Pink Peonies and Best Fishes Cards with Juliana and Candice

Hello Sunny Studio friends! It's Juliana here and today I'm here to share a card I created using one the Pink Peonies Stamp Set, which is one of my favorite stamp sets from the Spring Release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pink Peonies Fancy Frames Dies Best Wishes Card by Juliana Michaels

I began by stamping the images from the Pink Peonies Stamp Set onto watercolor paper with embossing ink and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I colored them using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers along with a water brush to help blend the color. Once the coloring was completed, I die cut the images using the coordinating Pink Peonies Dies.

Next, I took a piece of white cardstock and die cut it using the Fancy Frames Circle Dies. I then used a circle die from my stash to cut another piece of paper that was sized to layer behind the Fancy Frame. On this piece of die cut paper,  I stamped “best wishes” with embossing ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I then ink blended Peacock Feather Distress Oxide Ink onto the paper. Once I was finished with the ink blending, I rubbed over the area with a paper towel to remove any ink that was on the embossed sentiment.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pink Peonies Fancy Frames Dies Best Wishes Card by Juliana Michaels

I layered the framed sentiment piece onto the center of another piece of white cardstock that I die cut using the scalloped stitched mat from the Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies. This was then layered on top of a piece of colored cardstock that coordinated with the blue ink I used behind the sentiment.

To complete the card, I then adhered the images from the Pink Peonies Stamp Set using double sided foam adhesive for a touch of depth and dimension.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration using the Pink Peonies Stamp Set. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

----------------------------------------------------

Hi! Candice back with you this Friday! One of my favorite type of cards to make are underwater scenes because you can add so many different colors and sea creatures!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Frilly Frame Dies Woodland Border Dies Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

I used a few Sunny Studio products for my scene:
I began with an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base which fits perfectly into your standard size envelopes. For the background, I first die cut the pointed edge frame using the partial die cut method, taping off the edges and inking with seedless preserves, wilted violet, mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers and tumbled glass. I then splattered with water and white paint with a damp paint brush.

I then die cut the sand hills, inked them with brushed corduroy, tea dye and antique linen and splattered with brown shimmer sprays with another damp paint brush.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Frilly Frame Dies Woodland Border Dies Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

While the background was drying, I stamped all the images from the best fishes set, colored them with Copic markers, and used the coordinating dies to cut out. Next, I heat embossed the two sentiments in white on black cardstock and trimmed them into banners.

To put the card together, I used adhesive glue and foam tape to give depth to my card. To finish it off, I added a few clear Nuvo drops.

Thank you for stopping by today!


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Stamps
Pink Peonies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Dies
Pink Peonies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment