Friday, August 2, 2019

Embossing Folder Focused Cards with Rachel and Lexa

Hello everyone! It's Rachel here and I have a card to share with you today that features both the newly released Moroccan Circle Embossing Folder along with the Plane Awesome Stamp Set!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fancy Frames Card by Rachel Alvarado

I love the beautiful detail that you can achieve from this embossing folder! I decided that I wanted some contrasting color with my embossed background, so I inked up the flat side of the embossing folder with some Moonstone Ink by Lawn Fawn and ran it (along with a small sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock) through my die cutting machine using my embossing plates. I repeated the process 3 times so that the ink would have even coverage throughout the entire background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fancy Frames Card by Rachel Alvarado

I then die cut a stitched scallop circle from white card stock for the center of my card using the Fancy Frames Circle Dies. I added another circle behind this that I had also cut from white card stock (using a basic circle die) and then blended this piece with some Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Ink. I splattered this piece with a little bit of water and then both some diluted white and blue paints once this piece had dried.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fancy Frames Card by Rachel Alvarado

I heat embossed my sentiment with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto a strip of blue card stock and adhered it to the front of my card with some liquid adhesive. For my images, I stamped the plane and the dog from the Plane Awesome Stamp Set (I absolutely love this set!) onto another sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock. I colored my images with Copic Sketch Markers and then used the coordinating Plane Awesome Dies to cut them out.

That's all for today! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by! Have a wonderful weekend!

-------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Lexa here today with a card that will give you an inspiration using an embossing folder. It can add textures and more interests to your cards or projects. Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Cityscape Border Dies Friendship Card by Lexa Levana

I use the brand new Lots of Dots Embossing to create the background. I just simply emboss the plain white cardstock with the polka dots then I blend Distress Inks. For the sunset sky I use Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade in gradation, then blend Pumice Stone on the bottom part of my card that looks like concrete or street. I use the most adorable stamp called Cruising Critters Stamps, it has eight cute critters from Sunny Studio in one car. I can't stand how cute they are. I stamp it with Versafine black ink and watercolor it with Distress Markers. After finished with the coloring I use the coordinating dies to cut the main image.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Cityscape Border Dies Friendship Card by Lexa Levana

I want to add a landscape that will create a subtle border between the sky and the ground. I use Cityscape Border Die on black cardstock, I intentionally not remove some of the windows so it looks like some of them are dark. It adds more dimensions. The 'cruising' word is cut on the same black paper and I add a fishtail banner to complete the sentiment.

That's all for today, I hope you have an amazing day! Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lots of Dots Embossing
Lots of Dots Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Stamps
Cruising Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Dies
Cruising Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Stamps
Plane Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Dies
Plane Awesome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cityscape Border Dies
Cityscape Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: